Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... to have had to replace a tyre on my new Captur? As I was cleaning the car yesterday I noticed a mark on the front passenger alloy wheel with a tear in the wall of the tyre. Something had definitely hit the wheel although I do not know when this happened. I therefore took the car to my local tyre place who said that the tyre definitely needed replacing, I was gutted!

I went back today to have one fitted as they had to order one in and I could see they guys admiring the car and were asking loads of questions about it as it was the first one they had seen.

One thing however did made me laugh - although the tyre they were putting on he car was the same make the tread was slightly different, they wanted to check I was OK with that. I couldn't believe they asked me that however they did say that I would be surprised at the number of people who complain. I just said as long as it's the same make and black I don't mind.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bad luck that!! Did you kerb it you reckon?

What kind of financial damage for the new one?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I have kerbed it as I am normally very careful. I visited Kwik Fit who originally quoted £240 for a Michelin 205/55/r17, they said they are hard to get hold of however managed to source me one. Fortunately though they have an offer on this month - 25% off all tyres so ended up paying £180!

·
Registered
335 Posts
At least you found something to laugh about. The car tyres I have at the mo are £220 a corner I hope the capturs are a good deal under this.Edited by: Dr65

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm afraid I might be one of those people who complain!Call me...... if you like but I like to have a nice tread pattern and all of them to be the same...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
II think it would be illegal over here...surprisingly Frosty...I would agree with you!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have this size on my Megane (Michelin 205/55/r17) the price is about right. So I don't think that the frugal nature of the captur extends to the tyres.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No you're right! expensive...but Michelin tend to be!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Im a fussy bugger too.... I would want all the tyres to be the same,if buying a 2nd hand car in the past usually first thing I check is condition of wheels and tyres I always think it gives a good impression of how the car has been treated,I reckon the tyre place was right to ask... in some cases it makes sense to have them all exactly the same just my opinion no criticism intended at all!.....said I was a fussy bugger!!

Sure I read somewhere that the tyres on a Captur were low rolling resistance or something!

Edited by: TC Eddy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks TC Eddy, the tyres on the Website link you kindly provided seem good according to the website which is pleasing to note. I suppose you get what you pay for.
Edited by: iang

1 - 11 of 11 Posts