Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're driving our dCi up to Scotland now (well, other half is while I type!) and we're just tuning in all of our favourite stations. We've got a problem with the AM stations though - they are all completely unlistenable, in particular Radio 5 Live, 909am. I've tweaked all the audio settings increasing the treble and lowering the bass but has made no difference. We were hoping to listen to the Grand National whilst driving past Loch Lomand later. Anyone able to test theirs and let me know if theirs is the same (I know that not many people listen to AM.) Thanks muchly!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our Captur hasn't
got DAB.
I would like to listen to a particular AM station, but the
AM band on our media-nav is silent, except for static noise, as if
there is no AM antenna installed.
Any suggestions on how to check
and/or fix this, please?

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
AM and FM share the same antenna. If you have OK reception on FM, then it sounds (no pun intended) like a fault with the radio

·
Registered
21 Posts
IvorETower said:
AM and FM share the same antenna. If you have OK reception on FM, then it sounds (no pun intended) like a fault with the radio
FM sounds very good in our car; reception is actually the best we've ever had in a car. Strange the AM band sounds like an AM band with no radio stations, while sharing the same antenna. I guess dedicated AM ferrite antennas are only used in non-car radio devices, then. But there is no way I'll try to get our uninterested dealer to work on this detail. Better leave it, along with the non-functional bluetooth streaming. Cars are meant for taking us there and back again. All the rest is just noise. Thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have checked my radio which includes DAB as a freebee - have you selected the AM setting as you should pick up Radio 4 long wave plus any AM station in your locality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts