Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Captur 1.5dci since September and clocked up 4300 miles. Fuel economy not achieving the same levels as our previous 1.5 Megane Sports Tourer.Anyway on longer journeys I have used the cruise control and on each occasion the spanner and another light has illuminated after 2 - 3 hours of driving and the cruise has disconnected. The dash says check cruise control, check braking system, check esc, check hill start assistance and check vehicle. This has cleared again after approx. 30mins!!
Will be talking to the Renault dealer tomorrow but wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car been back to dealers and they havent been able to identify the specific fault although the diagnostics machineidentified a brake switch error.This has been replaced and have been told that this might clear the problem but cant be sure!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had exactly the same on my Alfa Romeo MiTo when it was a day old. It was a brake switch. Modern cars rely on masses of confirmation data from various systems and switches to run ESP, ABS and the like. Failure of any of these means the car goes into a kind of emergency mode, shutting down systems that it cannot guarantee will work within specification. You'll be pleased to know the replacement brake switch solved everything, as I think it will with your Captur. Edited by: mkpatrick

·
Registered
63 Posts
The dealer told me the intermittent brake warning failure was because of the sensitive brake fluid sensor - told me to top up the reservoir - which I did - and it did the trick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts