Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Apologies if this has been answered already but I have looked through the threads and can only see canbus issues and replacement units for the non media nav edition.
I wondered if anyone has found a replacement for the standard Media Nav (Mine has UK maps only and only partial postcode look up and a costly upgrade from Renault if I wanted up to date maps and full postcode) I don't want to just buy a TomTom and add another screen I wanted the benefits of a full Android system. I have seen some Android replacement units which run Google Maps and obviously Sat Nav apps along with access to the Play Store if needed with the benefits of internet radio as an alternative to a costly DAB upgrade. Was looking for an easy install without re soldering wires etc. Any advice would be very welcome. I have no issues with data costs as I have unlimited data on a 5G phone I can use as a WiFi hotspot for the unit.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
There it is a new version of MediaNav as called MN3 Evolution 2.0 with Android Auto & CarPlay.
Both applications are running via cable connected in USB port.
I have for sell one.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A705FN folosind Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
The full postcode update should be free - it was in 2014 when I bought my Captur.

Does anyone know if this is still the case for older cars where the original owner has never performed an update?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The postal code is matter of maps and these were updated with full postal code later.
I don't know if in 2014 maps were implemented full.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The full postcode update should be free - it was in 2014 when I bought my Captur.

Does anyone know if this is still the case for older cars where the original owner has never performed an update?
I purchased this used so did not have the free update option and obviously the previous owner never did this. I did speak to 2 different Renault dealers and both have said it is £57+VAT for the post code unlock and £99 including VAT for the map updates. I did purchase this Renault Media Nav Recovery Sotware Update 2015 Europe/UK Clio/Captur ETC. | eBay but it did not work and just gave a "No media detected" error code

·
Registered
76 Posts
For what do you want use Recovery system if you don't have functional problem with your unit?
The maps can be updated also in different way for who knows well these units.

·
Registered
358 Posts
All,
Apologies if this has been answered already but I have looked through the threads and can only see canbus issues and replacement units for the non media nav edition.
I wondered if anyone has found a replacement for the standard Media Nav (Mine has UK maps only and only partial postcode look up and a costly upgrade from Renault if I wanted up to date maps and full postcode) I don't want to just buy a TomTom and add another screen I wanted the benefits of a full Android system. I have seen some Android replacement units which run Google Maps and obviously Sat Nav apps along with access to the Play Store if needed with the benefits of internet radio as an alternative to a costly DAB upgrade. Was looking for an easy install without re soldering wires etc. Any advice would be very welcome. I have no issues with data costs as I have unlimited data on a 5G phone I can use as a WiFi hotspot for the unit.
Thanks in advance
Hi I have had no issues with so called "Canbus" on my android the box provided by vendors is merely a resistor box that measures voltages to provide remote steering control for volume +- change to music, etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi I have had no issues with so called "Canbus" on my android the box provided by vendors is merely a resistor box that measures voltages to provide remote steering control for volume +- change to music, etc
I was mentioning Canbus as the threads I found related to Canbus (Controller Area Network which allows comms to the ECU and periphals) issues and not what I wanted to know which was replacing the unit for an Android unit. Glad you have had no issues with your canbus though :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For what do you want use Recovery system if you don't have functional problem with your unit?
The maps can be updated also in different way for who knows well these units.

I assumed, wrongly, that if I used a recovery system that had UK and European maps it would update and recover the system as per a firmware update or similar to a BIOS update on the networks I work on. Clearly network terminology applies to networks and systems not Media Navs :rolleyes: I think I'll just pull out the head unit and have a look at the connections and patch it myself. Didn't really want to go down that route but it seems the best way. Unless someone has found an Android replacement that plugs straight in of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts