Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped into the dealers today as I was passing to enquire about my order. Dates now been pushed back to the week commencing the 27th of November. Bloke at the dealer said they've had no word on any of the captur orders being delivered at all. Just the ones they were given for demos. The waits getting painful now! On the plus side I upgraded the parking sensors to the parking camera for 50 quid

·
Registered
335 Posts
Feel for you cj86 as I'm in the same situation. I don't know if its some sort of cunning plan as I to spent more money on the car when I was told about the delay.

And to be honest had they offered me the parking camera for £50 I would of gone for that as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is mate I can see the company execs now. In their big leather swivel chairs stroking cats and laughing all the way to the bank! I only asked on the off chance and just mentioned I didn't want to pay full price as ive specced the car up enough as it is. They're a renault main dealer and to be fair they're really good, which makes a change. I think the August factory closure has caused the delays, probably received more orders than expected and now its a case of playing catch up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to add salt to the wound; but my Captur is being collected this week. FIve days ahead of
scheduled date (I'm sure to meet 3Q sales targets!) The Renault dealer in Portsmouth has been excellent in keeping me advised every two weeks of delivery progress. Ordered late July with 4 Oct as delivery date.
Car is Manhattan model Ivory with Black roof .

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Dave welcome to the forum. Would love to hear about my car being brought forward. My original date was the 1st of October. As long as it doesn't get put back again I can live with it, only just.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Dave good to see an order coming through earlier than told. If you can please try and take some pictures for the gallery

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as it gets delivered this side of Xmas I'll be happy!! Hopefully the date will jump forward once production starts!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Cj86...it won't be long now...I was speaking to my dealer about the factory closure, and seemingly it happens every year like that..

He has a lot of cars ordered and being delivered...but new orders...beginning of February....so thank your lucky stars!!

It must be more difficult to get RHD than LHD obviously because of the size of the market, so I think it is a case of looking at what is in the country for quick delivery if you are a new captur buyer....unless you're prepared to wait!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah your definitely right there ythsie. Maybe there's also a lot of demand for the colour combo I ordered. As a few people have ordered new builds later than I did but have much earlier scheduled delivery dates. Only 2 months to go!

·
Registered
116 Posts
When we looking at them yesterday at the local dealer, as I have already said on another thread, they had just what we wanted, along with 5 other well spec'd Media Nav & Media Nav S's, which they had pre ordered to avoid the rush. But he did also say, they had a consignment of 1000 or so in the UK available ?? Probably all sat at Bristol docks !!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nick...that's some number!! My dealer in Poland pre-ordered and is selling them on abroad as he can make quite a killing on the price he obtains on them...Business is business...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts