Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been reading the forums for a while and only just decided to join.

I'm currently waiting for a Dynamic S Media Nav, Auto TCe for what seems like ages now. Has anyone taken delivery of an Auto Captur yet? Last time I checked with my dealer I was quoted December and although I'm in no great hurry for the car, time is passing.

Another question - I would like to get some roof bars for the Captur (when it arrives) and can't see anything on the Renault website, do the Clio roof bars fit or are they just not available yet.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome Pottman.......a lot of people seem to be waiting for their Captur you are not alone...the wait will be worth it! I think there are a few owners with autos on here Im sure they will be in touch.

Had a quick look through the Captur accessories pages and I cant see any roof bars yet.....I saw some on E bay yesterday though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I will go and check out eBay, but glad you confirmed my suspicions that there's nothing available direct through Renault.

Guess I can keep looking while I wait for it to turn up.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Pottnan!

I think I'll be able to answer both your enquiries.. It's a friendly bunch on here and apart from good information, and keeping spirits high, I find it helpful!

We have our car, the same as you're buying, and will start to use it within the next ten days, (waiting on a private plate).

We had a long wait, and from what I can see, there are very few 1.2 automatics out there as yet.

So, when we get it, we will report back on first impressions.

Your second question....I managed to find out from the Polish accessory brochure that there are specifically designed roof bars for the Captur.. My disappointment was that they have not made roof rails..that are available for the Clio Touring, but only the cross bars in black and aluminium.

I don't like them because I like the look of the car and they don't do anything for it lookwise. You can get a ski holder for them, a bike carrier, and a roof box.

I have an old Freelander and I run it with roof rails, without suffering too much mpg wise, but the moment I put on the crossbars, ot becomes a nightmare!

Long winded answer...but you will be able to purchase them in The Renault accessory catalogue, once Renault gets its act together.

I've looked at their website accessories in the UK and there's nothing listed yet. Over here there is a brochure printed with part numbers.

I'm keen to find out if the roof rails from the Clio coild be fitted...but that will have to wait for a later date.

Hope this has bee of help...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. V helpful.

I will explore the roof bars issue further when I am closer to collecting the car. I've already got some Thule bike racks, so I will need to see whether the Renault OEM ones are a good fit with them before I decide.

In the meantime I will just have to wait for some more info regards my delivery date.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Pottman, I was considering an auto but the dealer told me if I wanted one he couldn't tell me when I would get it as the auto boxes were in short supply so I went with the manual and i'm only waiting around 10 weeks. Still think the original 10 may turn into 20 from some of the stories on here! Really hope not though as the wait is killing me!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Pottman, will give you feedback on the auto 1.2 when we start to use it after the 12th Oct...still waiting on private registration...

I read that the auto box is very good on these cars, although acceleration can take an extra second or two. We will be able to report back soon. So far, I think there is only one other member who has the auto box....they are a rarity because their release date was a lot later...We had to wait three and a half months for ours!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

So my wait is just over two months so far and dealer suggested that it will be another two, so sometime in early December - perhaps.

I've also got a personal plate to use, but this isn't going to stop me taking delivery.

I will go over and see the dealer soon to check on progress, but all these reports and pictures on the forum are making me rather envious.

Just for the record I've gone for oyster grey and black with heated seats and r-link.
Edited by: Pottman

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Pottman, my second choice in colour...My partner has had silver/grey cars for a number of years, so we went for the stone and black. I still think that your combination is one of the best 'quiet' combinations...it's truly elegant!!

The auto box will be worth waiting for! Hang in there my friend...it will soon pass...and before you know it..you'll be a proud owner...without many others around!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts