Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Looking to buy my Captur at the moment, and it would seem that there are great discounts available online in the UK, with such companies as Buyacar.com and new-car-discount.com.

Has anyone on the forum had experience of buying cars online? Would be very interested in hearing about it if you have.

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
I once bought online.
I was looking to buy a Peugeot 407 coupe, and my local dealer wanted something like £18k. I was looking online for reviews when I saw and clicked on an ad to buy online. Turned out to be a garage down in the south of England who advertised his cars online. Cars were on the forecourt but brand new, delivery mileage only. Sale price was £15k

I took this printout to my local dealer who refused to budge on the price, saying "You're not going to drive all the way down there just to save 3 grand are you?"

Suffice to say I did just that. Beautiful car, no problems with the sale. Had it for 4 years.

--------------------

On a less positive note, I recently tried the same thing to buy a Qashqai. Online Deal price was £3k less than retail price, but then they offered me £500 trade in formy current carthatwas worth£10k !! I just about fell off my chair. They then pestered me with emails for weeks after trying to make the sale. "Don't worry about the trade in price, you're getting a great deal!" Since then I've read nothing butbad things about these purely online companies. This one in particular operated under multiple company names, all from the same office, and they couldnt meet their supply and demand, people were cancelling orders left right and centre.

----------------------

So - summary - online sales companies, who take orders and thenattempt to buy the cars from the makers,no thank you. Garages that advertise cars online, with actual stock in the forecourt,good deals to be had.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got my Captur sort of on line found on Auto trader @ manchester Renault spoke to the sales mansgot px off him over the phone ( had to send Pictures) same as had been quoted local. Agreed pick up day drove there and drove home in the Captur the sales man had videoed the car for me.

all good happy owner of 4 month old Captur

·
Registered
921 Posts
Pre reg cars direct from Dealers come out with good prices

It might be worth a look around at those maybe

·
Registered
225 Posts
Haven't ordered my Captur online but did buy my current Nissan Note online from Evans Halshaw. Bought an ex demonstrator 4 months old with 5k on the clock(dci model). After a bit of haggling I saved over £5k on the price new and got a decent trade in as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking factory order new (as I drive rather sensibly, and most damage to engines occurs in the first 2000miles or so, I really don't want an ex demo!).

Online seems to have very good reductions- in my case, around £3500 off the list price (including the options)- and some are well reported in What Car? and other magazines, including Which? but just wondered if there was any experience with buying a Captur.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Marksailor said:
I was thinking factory order new (as I drive rather sensibly, and most damage to engines occurs in the first 2000miles or so, I really don't want an ex demo!).

Online seems to have very good reductions- in my case, around £3500 off the list price (including the options)- and some are well reported in What Car? and other magazines, including Which? but just wondered if there was any experience with buying a Captur.

I'm talking pre the... mine was pre the with 95 miles on the clock
There are some great deals on pre reg

·
Registered
921 Posts
I was looking at two colour combos and wasn't sure on paper what to go for

they found me both colours and I chose the one I liked the best mine had 95 miles on it the other had 107miles

Great service they couldn't do enough

I went for lunch with a friend yesterday who was very impressed with my silvery sparkly car and then Said as I had parked slightly in the shade while we went for lunch how much darker it looked and how classy looking she was .....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not too worried about a dealer having to work with a car they didn't supply- it's like buying a new car in London then moving to Leeds a few weeks later and changing dealer- as part of their franchise they have to honour all warranty and servicing work.

More interested in the reliability of buying cars online- then again until this year Dacias could only be bought online, so perhaps I shouldn't worry too much! Especially as the savings can be huge! Am more interested in the experience...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have dealt with New Car Discount in the past and they offer excellent service. considered them again for the Captur purchase but the interest free from the main dealer and £1500 off meant I ordered from them as there was no real difference in the end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts