Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been said before and I want to agree that this forum and the contributions are invaluable and much appreciated by owners and future owners (like me). But...I'm beginning to get a little concerned.
Is there any one out there who is actually 100% happy with their Captur and really glad they bought it and would recommend others to buy one?
Sometimes, reading through it feels like Everyone has a problem of some kind or another.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Haha Arem, you are absolutely right and i couldn't agree more, this has become a forum of moans and gripes (including this one) but i can assure you i am 100% happy with my Captur.

It's looks great, is a joy to drive, has a great sound system, plenty of room and has plenty of tech as standard.

No problems to report here. I <3 my Captur

·
Registered
180 Posts
My pleasure

·
Registered
96 Posts
Would I recommend a Captur Only had it for two weeks so really need to have been using it for six months to give a proper opinion, but so far yes fine but I would expect to say that about any brand new car, I'm not one of the oh it's my baby and I love it to bits it's just a brand new car there are lots of cars out there that are just as good and better I think if you do your homework and read all the reveiws you will soon know what car you fancy, and yes the people on this forum are really nice and helpful, well that's my two pence worth.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi am a very happy bunny with mine thought only had her 2 days

·
Registered
924 Posts
Great looking car. I looked forward to the 13 weeks from order to delivery. Only thing I would have done differently would be to move from the "entry level" Medianavto the TOM-TOM based R-link, with its improved sound system.
Love the coloured alloys.

Totally astounded by the SMOOTH EDC gearbox. Love the push I get from the 120 petrol, especially when overtaking on single carriageway roads. Have taken the engine to 5000 RPM on a number of occasions. Very willing engine, once you get the turbo spooled-up and working.

Climate control is a dream. Use ECO setting all the time except when I want to boost the climate control.

Overall I am 80% happy. With R-link I might approach 95%. I see what happens on the infotainment system front,when I change the car in three and a half years time.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Arem said:
Sometimes, reading through it feels like Everyone has a problem of some kind or another.
That's one of the main aims of a forum, to collate all the gripes and grouses !
Many people who are happy have no reason to say so, but if there is an issue with the car, a forum is the place to mention it in the hope that you might get help.

My biggest gripe so far is the huge waiting time for a factory order, and the misleading info given by the dealers I was in contact with prior to ordering who led me to believe that the wait would be much shorter. I also had to wait a week afetr I had placed my deposit to get the intended delivery date, which turned out to be even longer than tghe worst estimate I had been given up to that point.

I also had issues with the national advertising campaigns that Renault UK are running which imply that cars are available readily and within a few weeks. I've complained to the ASA about that and have been contacted this morning with news of a little victory over Renault UK, who should be rewording their ads in future

·
Registered
169 Posts
i am very happy with my captur, yes a few little niggles but nothing more that that, i am quiet easy going person and do not get too stressed about little things that go wrong , but yes i am very happy with my car and the price i paid to buy it

·
Registered
338 Posts
Had the car since September and it has done 9000 miles. I love the look of it, the size, quality of the finish is average, R-Link specs are great, economy is very good, no road tax to pay,. While in Europe three weeks ago had to have front axle seen to, all the electronics played up big time in temperatures of around 30C. Drives very smoothly, provides you with info on how to improve your driving style to better economy, love the fact that I don't have to think if the car is locked or not on exit, LOVE the removable seat covers, double layer boot space with spare tyre underneath, adjustable driver's seat goes up or down very nicely, steering wheel up or down and front back adjustment.
The price was great
Did I forget something bad or good? Very likely. Is it perfect? No. Do I love it? Yes
But then, you see, if I had the money, drive, opportunity and knowledge, I would design and make the car that is ideal. Would everyone feel it is ideal car?
Absolutely not

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me!
I know I've only had mine a couple of days but so far I'm very happy with it.
Everything seems to be working well, it feels very quiet, smooth and refined, and I love driving it.
Especially compared to my last car, the visibility is excellent.
The pull out drawer is great, sorry, left hand drive, and I love all of the 'toys'.

I find the interior quality to be more than adequate and the paintwork superb.

I've had no problem with the 29.9mpg maximum because I'm in litres so don't know if it would be a problem.

If the computer is accurate than the economy will be very good, but I'll be able to confirm this once I fill up again.

Even the French Renault dealer was great. I ordered a tow bar and they included a number plate for the trailer which I've never had included before.

So far more than delighted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
More than happy with ours, only problem has been the 29.9 glitch (which I'm sure will eventually be rectified by the Renault boffins), other than that absolutely love it. Compares very favourably to my previous Qashqai and the Zaffira hire car we had. It's very economical, looks great and drives well, what's not to like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hurrah! I'm starting to feel happier about ordering my first ever brand new car.

Got to say though IvorETower, I can see that forums can and should be a place for moans and groans, but can't see any reason why that should be their "main" purpose.

Although...maybe you're completely right and all the 'happy' owners are out just having a lovely time driving around in their new cars and haven't got time for a set of forums that are full of folks moaning.

Now of course, come the happy day when I collect mine, I am going to be straight on here celebrating how great it is!
(And possibly creating a different username so I can get help solving the inevitable niggles buying a new car brings
.)Edited by: Arem

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yay!!!

I vote Team Arem

·
Registered
428 Posts
So far I'm quite happy. However, it's early days yet. Only 2months old / 2800 miles.
I agree with IvorETower that the forum gives people gives people a chance to collate their gripes (must admit I have a few of my own). Also, that people who are perfectly happy with their Captures, may have no reason to start a thread.

There are too many things to mention that I like.

A few of the things that I don't like are the rattling rear seat belts and the Medinav (the actual sat nav is not a patch on my old Tom Tom, the rest of the system is pretty good). Wish I had gone for the R-link now. Unlike a few, my car has been relatively trouble free so YES, so far I am actually happy.

·
Registered
921 Posts
. Totally happy with my Captur

Great driving position great drive

I've only had her 10 weeks but enjoying my Captur

It's good to have both sides of the coin to get a balanced view

However I do find some people's comments on every subject raised very negative

But heh Im Happy Happy H h h happy

·
Registered
27 Posts
chuffed to bits with mine had it since september 1 problem with the medianav solved within 48hrs not a problem since would i recommend' i already have result 2 more captures bought 1 on the road the other due on tuesday

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't see it as folk moaning so much as folk asking if others have got the same niggles - it's a great way to see if a problem is widespread or if it just affects a few cars.

It's quite comforting to know that if there are any issues, one of the clever folk here will know a fix or workaround

1 - 20 of 71 Posts