Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered mine early mid May and told will have mid august and still not been told any different, has anyone ordered one more recently and been told any different to the 3 months?<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"><t>
</t></table>

·
Registered
741 Posts
Factory ordering for UK Captur's is now closed until August build, it has been like this since the end of May/early June, I'm not sure of the exact dates though.
An order can be created with Renault however production isn't scheduled to start until August for September/October deliveries.

HTH

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered around the same time as you and was told end of August have been informed this week that its now October.

Which could also mean the car will cost more - there's word that the cost of a Captur is to rise in July and the current price will only be valid for cars registered by the end of September...I ordered mine through salary sacrifice and am seriously wishing I hadn't now - not the salary sacrifice fault just Renault being completely incompetent as usual.

Reason for delay given: "this is simply due to an unconfirmed production date
within the manufacturing pipeline"

Edited by: wotz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered mine through my employees salaray sacrifice scheme on 21st May and was quoted on the site as "mid August" and it's currently still saying this. Are you ordering through Zenith? If so I guess I'm going to be receiving a similar email shortly.

Oh dear!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Mr B,

Through Tusker, I ordered May 9th and was initially quoted 29th August but now first week of October 2014.

I hope you are luckier than me!

·
Registered
741 Posts
There is a price increase effective 15th July however there isn't a registration deadline so as long as the car was ordered before then then you will be fine.

However there may be an issue with the £1000 deposit contribution, we are being told that the car has to be registered by 30th September to qualify, so there could be potential issues for cars that were ordered within the offer period for order take however won't be delivered until October.

·
Registered
741 Posts
MrB said:
Ordered mine through my employees salaray sacrifice scheme on 21st May and was quoted on the site as "mid August" and it's currently still saying this. Are you ordering through Zenith? If so I guess I'm going to be receiving a similar email shortly.

Oh dear!
End of May will be tight, it all depends on when the order was actually placed by the dealer however I can categorically state that if a Captur is ordered now and it is a factory fresh build then it will not be with the customer until early October, there are a few cars in the system; typically 10-20 per dealer, that are filtering through between now and August but many of these are at a stage when the spec, colour etc cannot be altered.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, I ordered through tusker on 6th June, with an edd of 12th September to dealer, heard nothin since apart from the system generated emails, I've got no hope though now after seeing your post! ˜”

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine was through Tusker, I ordered early Dec, with a date of early March which then became mid May, then back to end of April and finally I got it May 9th.
They told me the dealership who they were going through so I phoned them to get a bit more info, I found out that Tusker hadn't ordered the contrasting black roof, if I hadn't phoned the dealership, I would have had the wrong spec.
There were a lot of things not right on the tusker website ( captur spec pages with certain tick boxes) at the time and I told them this because they tried to make out it was my fault. I had to refer them back to emails I sent to them with what I wanted because of the many options available. I also snapshot the order spec page with the info they said I hadn't filled in with the roof colour.
There was also an issue with the pricing which I got sorted eventually. There were few issues with me ordering and them saying that I hadn't ordered the right model to what I said in emails to make sure, 4 attempts to order all because their website was wrong, they put it right after.

Just to say that I had a stopgap car ( vw polo) because of the long wait, work colleague got the new quashai within a month same d engine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered mine on 6th June, but prob with colour I initially chose due to car not really existing on computer so on 12th June dealer found another one and I collected it today. It came over on transporter around 19-23rd June. I've bn really lucky

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
Jublee said:
I ordered mine on 6th June, but prob with colour I initially chose due to car not really existing on computer so on 12th June dealer found another one and I collected it today. It came over on transporter around 19-23rd June. I've been really lucky
You've been very lucky; my car arrived at the import centre on 17th June and is still there despite being prioritised by Renault UK, who themselves can't understand why it's not been moved on to the supplying dealer. So it's now been stuck at Southampton for 2 weeks and the dealer recons a week after they get it before I can have it. It's less than 50 miles from where I work, I have a chassis number and a registration plate yet I can't lay paws on it... so frustrating that I'm still considering cancelling my order.

·
Registered
863 Posts
that's ridiculous why are they holding on to a car that is in the country.surely it would be better for them to hand it over.
why the delay???

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
Gross incompetence by the import centre and/or Renault UK, I suppose. I'm going to phone the import centre tomorrow and see if they will speak to me directly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine in 6days but it was in stock but at another garagestill not bad goingps it wasn't a preregistration one either but it does suffer from the 29.9 problem

·
Registered
55 Posts
IvorETower said:
Jublee said:
I ordered mine on 6th June, but prob with colour I initially chose due to car not really existing on computer so on 12th June dealer found another one and I collected it today. It came over on transporter around 19-23rd June. I've been really lucky
You've been very lucky; my car arrived at the import centre on 17th June and is still there despite being prioritised by Renault UK, who themselves can't understand why it's not been moved on to the supplying dealer.  So it's now been stuck at Southampton for 2 weeks and the dealer recons a week after they get it before I can have it.  It's less than 50 miles from where I work, I have a chassis number and a registration plate yet I can't lay paws on it... so frustrating that I'm still considering cancelling my order.
Sorry to hear ure still waiting. If u have chassis number and reg plate does that mean they have already registered it. I only got reg number Thursday/Friday before I collected it on the Monday. I bet if u said ure thinking of cancelling they'd quickly get their fingers out and u would have it quicker

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have just contacted my dealer today tocheck current position. My Captur was estimated for delivery 5 August and the dealer has advised it is currently being built and should leave France within the next 7 - 10 days. They hope to have it in Perth by the end of this month. Fingers (and everything else) crossed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
HTP99 said:
End of May will be tight, it all depends on when the order was actually placed by the dealer however I can categorically state that if a Captur is ordered now and it is a factory fresh build then it will not be with the customer until early October, there are a few cars in the system; typically 10-20 per dealer, that are filtering through between now and August but many of these are at a stage when the spec, colour etc cannot be altered.
If I recall rightly the 21st May was the date that the dealer ordered it as they gave me a call, think I originally put in all the paperwork a week previously as it has to all be auth'd at work first and that took just over a week.

Still no change to the date on the website.

Est. Delivery Date:Mid August 2014
Actual Delivery Date:
Vehicle Made & Model:Renault Captur 1.5 dCi 90 Dynamique Medianav Energy Start+Stop
Optional Extras:Metallic Paint

*Fingers crossed* as I've just seen my current Scenic depart on the back of a truck this afternoon due to a collapsed alternator. This Scenic is just a pit of money!!

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
simpsob said:
I have just contacted my dealer today tocheck current position. My Captur was estimated for delivery 5 August and the dealer has advised it is currently being built and should leave France within the next 7 - 10 days. They hope to have it in Perth by the end of this month. Fingers (and everything else) crossed.
Well, my bit of research to get the phone number of the import centre sort-of paid off. They were very helpful informing me when the car arrived with them, and that the "Protection Pack" parts had been fitted and that it had been cleared for onward shipment some days ago. They also could not explain why the instructions had not been issued by Renault UK to transport it to the dealer, but since my call, I have heard that the dealers have had confirmation of shipment this Friday. So it seems that Renault UK typically add to the new car delay process by allowing one month's wait at the import centre. So now I am looking at the possibility of the car being ready for me the wek after next (14th July onwards).
I'm very annnoyed that there seems to be no real interest by Renault or the organisation through whom I bought the car to make the delivery process as swift as possible, especially when I have expressed many times, commencing with the placement of the order, that I was unhappy with the long lead time originally quoted. It fels like it's been down to me to move things along at a reaonable pace, even so I have been lied to, given misleading information, not had phone calls or e-mails replied to etc etc.
I cannot understand why Renault UK make the process of buying a new car so stressful and unpleasant. I started off trying to buy at local dealerships and things got progressively worse from thereon.
Never again; there are too many other car manufacturers out there to have to suffer this stressfull experience again; it was bad enough when I bought my previous new Renault

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not true to say Renault add a month at the import centre. Our car was there for barely more than a week. However if you trawl back around March/April you will find that there were some severe delays at the import centre due to problems with the 3rd party company engaged to ship the cars from Southampton to the dealers and a backlog built up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts