Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain to me why it is that other people feel the need to park soooooo close to my cars that I can't even open the drivers door! It's not just the Captur, it's every new car I've had.
Today I parked in a nice big space in tesco and came back to find a car parked partially in my space and so close I had to get in the passenger side and climb over. It wasn't an old car, it was an 11 plate, makes me so angry!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Know what you mean Bluejay it drives me potty too

The problem is the size of cars these days not the spaces, some of them are just huge and dont fit anymore!
Reminds me of a mate that used to carry flyers with him that he put on cars which blocked him in or made him use the passenger door. It went along the lines of 'thanks for parking so close next time leave a
can opener so I can get my car out
'

·
Registered
824 Posts
I am constantly amazed at car park antics........I shudder at times!!
Why is it that you can choose your parking bay so carefully to ensure your cars safety.........go in a shop for a short while....come out to find either a rather beaten up van or a humungous 4x4 parked on either side.......I never know which side to check for damage first!!

Suppose any damage incurred is the down side of being a picky car owner...........

·
Registered
409 Posts
One of the great benefits of being a grandad is the constant baby seat in the back of the captur and the usage of the parent and child car parking spaces (when available) if not make sure you park on the end of a row if you can to decrease the chance of being hemmed or worse still scraped or dented by half. Thats about it really, other than that its luck (or lackof it) that dictates being hemmed or dinted in a new car. Lap of the gods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the worst thing that happened to me was when I parked my Juke in Macdonalds in an end space with no one nearby, only to see someone reverse into her very slowly, stop, look then start to drive away. I ran out and stopped her, pointing out the red paint from my car that was now on her bumper and she simply said she didn't do it and it was my word against hers! My car never did get fixed because Aviva are still trying to get her insurance company to pay up 4 months later and now I've sold the car. But according to the police and Aviva, if you say you didn't do it and there are no other witnesses, then red paint on the bumper or not, you didn't do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts