Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got the delivery of my car today, really pleased with it. It's the first car I have had with a stop start engine and it seems strange to begin with. I am really happy with the colour co-ordination and have had the Diamondbrite coating put on. Just getting used to the R Link at the moment, but I am sure this will be easy to use when I have had a play around with it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ian,

It looks brilliant! I see you're a man who cares for your car right from the start...I'm going to Diamondbrite mine myself when I get it as I managed to get a pack ...Makes a great deal of difference..you can even see that from the photo!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I didn't realise you could do it yourself, if you don't mind me asking how much did the pack cost you. Mine cost £199 at the dealership for both the exterior and the interior. I suspect yours will be considerably less. Well worth it though I think. Cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Ian, car looks great. I've gone for the r link myself, would you say it is pretty straightforward to use. Understand if its to early to answer this but would be good to know how user friendly it is. Thx

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I can't give you an honest answer to that at the moment as I got it from my son who 'acquired' it from someone in the trade for his Audi S8.

Quite a large pack.. seemingly does a large motor like his three times..once a year.

From what he told me you didn't pay over the odds!

They don't have it here in Poland, so he brought it across and its actually quite simple to apply, but time consuming...

When I find out I'll message you..

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dr65. It is fairly easy to use, to be honest even though you get a mini guide with the car you can download a full guide from the internet. I have just been messing around with this afternoon trying to look at some of the applications to download. I think I was pressing the wrong tab so I will have another look at it tomorrow morning. I think you will be pleased with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks sweet
- I toyed with that colour but went for Diamond Black which was available a lot quicker ! 1 week from order to collect !

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW that was quick. Mine took 10 weeks, I don't know whether it was the colour or the R Link that delayed it,, nevertheless is was worth waiting for.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it was because it had just been delivered as a "showroom" car and I wasn't looking for any extras/personalised colours/packs etc and asked if I could have it

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for the info iang. Nice to see its more user friendly than the one I'm using now. I'm hoping the voice control on it works well when using it as a satnav, music and phone calls and its not just a gimmick. BigAl I was fairly similair with my last 2cars couldn't wait so bought the showroom ones. This wait is painfully bitter sweet cant wait for the new car but will be very sad to see my present car go.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW
I have travelled 120 miles in my brand new 1.5 diesel and have managed to achieve an average of 62.3 mpg which is fantastic for a new car. I was driving carefully (as I always do!) and in economy mode. My old car which was a Peugeot 3008 1.6 diesel only managed an average of 47.6 mpg so I am well chuffed. I love everything about the car, I am so glad I chose this one over the Peugeot 2008 I was considering. The only thing I haven't managed to sort out yet it the applications within the R-Link and emails, I cant seem to get those to work. The dealership I purchased the car from have invited me back so they can show me how to use them. So far 10/10.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wow! I hope my petrol version comes close to that...

As for the service you're getting from your dealership...Good on them...At least one positive comment! I was beginning to wonder if there were any good dealerships around?

It's really important to have trust and help from them..as you're presumably going to use them for servicing..

Nice to hear that your happy with the choice of car!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, it certainly makes a statement. The picture was taken in bright sunshine and looks more like a burnt orange colour in normal day light. It's the first brightly coloured car I have purchased and it is turning a few heads!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, to be honest I ordered the car with the black gloss pack and black wheels, however for some reason Renault decided to put the Arizona gloss pack on instead, I was disappointed at first but it grew on me quickly, It's definitely unique (well for the time being anyway).

·
Registered
588 Posts
i think a lot of ppl will want the same combo as you once they see how good it looks...you trendsetter you ;) lol and at least you can say you were the first to have it lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Told you you'd like it......and get fab comments!!!

I bet the money in the pocket will be spent soon celebrating!!...nice holiday perhaps???

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R Link problem update. My problem accessing thre R Link store and emails has now been resolved, apparantley the dearlership hadn't registered it when I took delivery. I can now access my emails which are read out as they arrive which is great and have downloaded my first application. R Sound is the one I have downloaded, it plays the sounds of different car engines syncronised with your car as you drive along. It's quite cool and something completely different. So far I am pleased I went for the R Link option not only for emails and applications but for the Tom Tom sat nav which is far better than the one that was built into my previous Peugeot 3008.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts