Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like my Captur (120EDC, Oyster/grey) is finally arriving. Got the message yesterday that it was at the import centre. So after a few months of waiting it looks as though it might arrive a couple of weeks early - DVLA permitting.

After reading a few stories on here about R-links not being registered is there any way of easily checking it's working when I take delivery?

Seeing as though a few of you have also recently taken delivery of your new toys is there anything else I should be checking for at delivery time?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ask the dealer to go through the system...is rhe best solution. ...the salesman SHOULD know his job....he's getting good money for selling it so he should demonstrate it for you!
I had that done with all aspects of my 120 EDC.
If he's not up to it, then ask for someone else to come and explain...I had a complete 'walk through' the car, explaining what the controls were for and where all the important fluids require to be filled..
There was no need really...but I was impressed that it was done and made it more comforting for my partner.

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
335 Posts
I did an update on it and it updated it in the car. Plus I asked the dealer to confirm it was registered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked up the new car yesterday, all good so far very smooth, quiet and much more spacious than our previous car ..... but as suspected the r link appears to be a bit frustrating.

Whilst I have the coyote, twitter and email apps none of them seem to be able to connect. Does this mean that the dealer hasn't registered the r link yet, or (as I have read somewhere) I need to wait 72 hours from initial update to get the system up and running properly.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wish I had bit more info but it was (mostly) up and running when I picked mine up. The one thing that It does not work is Coyote as that seems to work in Europe only.
The email I had to set up myself which got a bit complex until I received help from this forum.
I also had to contact Renault customer service as I was unable to register the car online for some reason - that also seems to be a bit of a problem. You need to download Renault toolbox and that will give you required info as well.
Give yourself time, it will all come together nicely

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A brief update ...

Checked with the dealer and apparently the r link is all properly set up, but I still don't seem to be able to access coyote, twitter or "weather channel". Personally I'm not too fussed about this all, but has anyone else managed to access any of these apps? Edited by: Pottman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts