Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install a dashcam hardwire kit, and found the thread here:
threads/dash-cam-help.3648/
At first, I didn't buy a fuse tap, because I read RG58's post at the end about wiring from the dome lights. I don't know whether his Captur is different from mine, but the power to mine goes off completely after about 4 mins.
Then, I was stupid enough to just assume the fuse would be the standard ATC which is the only one I've ever used or seen. Wrong! :)
Then, I paid attention to the rest of the post, which clearly talks about mini fuses, but now I'm totally confused (haha), because my fuse box contains ATS type fuses. ATS and mini types have the same pin widths, but I can totally see why the OP would have had trouble fitting a mini into an ATS slot, and I don't see how you'd get it to stay there!

Bottom line, searching for Captur fuse types across the internet was fairly fruitless. Searching COC for +ATS doesn't yeild any results, and this threads also talks about mini rather than ATS fuses:
/threads/dash-cam-using-fuse-30.5783/

TL;DR
Before I place an order for ATS taps, I'm hoping someone can just confirm I'm not being a complete idiot!

Many thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ahhh!
Sorry everyone. I've been using this Amazon item picture as my reference for fuse types!
Amazon /VIOFO-Circuit-MICRO2-Adapter-Holder/dp/B07K866RPR/
It calls the low profile mini, mini, and the mini, ATS. I do wish the owners manual specified!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts