Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 year old Renault captor has only done 18.500 miles .started showing auto gearbox check when it happens car won't go into reverse not much happens in drive but if I turn it off for a few minutes
everything seems OK this has happened twice in a week now any idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope its something that simple, I thought with that mileage battery would still be OK thanks for that I'll get it changed.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Unfortunately the Captur starts showing phantom problems when it encounters battery

problems, I replaced my battery at 5 year s old, with similar mileage to you.

Don’t pay over the odds for a new battery

Most captur’s have a EFB battery fitted

£85.99 plus £7.98 p&p

At Car Batteries - Motorcycle Batteries - Leisure Batteries - Cheap Prices!

TEL 01745 823399

096 EFB endurolineStart Stop Car Battery 70Ah

Size 278mm-175mm-190mm

Fitted one today from TAYNA

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unfortunately the Captur starts showing phantom problems when it encounters battery

problems, I replaced my battery at 5 year s old, with similar mileage to you.

Don’t pay over the odds for a new battery

Most captur’s have a EFB battery fitted

£85.99 plus £7.98 p&p

At Car Batteries - Motorcycle Batteries - Leisure Batteries - Cheap Prices!

TEL 01745 823399

096 EFB endurolineStart Stop Car Battery 70Ah

Size 278mm-175mm-190mm

Fitted one today from TAYNA
Hi ,mine has done 38k 6years old still original battery,have had check auto gearbox once only,might be electronic interference,see how it is after charging the battery or a good run.

·
Super Moderator
2,424 Posts
I've had the battery go flat in mine twice and have since changed it. I can confirm that when you first jump start the car and get the engine going, it still won't shift into R or D until a certain amount of charge had built up in the battery.... had me worried at first since the engine was running but then I still could not move the car to take it for a drive to charge the battery right up.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It's not really surprising that the EDC semi auto box misbehaves with battery problems. It is computer controlled so needs a reliable electrical source

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank everyone,not sure now both times its happened I have been on motorway for about an hour it happens when I slow down of motorway. Yesterday had to go a detour to work, I was on road and motorway for an hour and a half and it was OK .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts