Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always have me lights set to Auto mode. Saves me having to worry about leaving them on.

Or so I thought!!!!

I turned up at my girlfriends the other night and switched to full beam as lights on her road were out.
I hopped out of the car, walked away and heard the satisfactory beep and clunk of the car locking itself.

I returned to the car 2 hours later, to find my battery dead as the proverbial Dodo....

IF YOU ARE SWITCHED TO FULL BEAM, THE LIGHTS DO NOT TURN OF AUTOMATICALLY.

A resultant call to the breakdown guys and a trip to the dealer to reset the engine management chip taught me this valuable lesson.

BE AWARE!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also light on AUTO.... during the day....e.g. not on , only DayLight LEDS etc.Push stalk away from you..... Lights come on FULL beam.... odd ?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
On the auto version if you come home on full beam and leave it like that, the engine won't go off! I thought it was a good safeguard...
As far as pushing the stalk away from you...that's the way to get full beam instead of the usual pulling the stalk to you!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ythsie said:
As far as pushing the stalk away from you...that's the way to get full beam instead of the usual pulling the stalk to you!

Just did not expect it to work in Day light.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts