Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has a similar to problem to mine please?
I love my auto start and stop but sometimes when I m in traffic and press the clutch to
resume driving, the engine doesnt restart. Whats worse is that then I have to press
the Start button twice for the engine to restart sort of turning it off and then on again.

It doesnt occur often at all but it can be very embarassing in traffic.

Maybe its a software issue?

Steve

·
Registered
824 Posts
Steve I hope you are taking it to your dealer for investigation!! That doesnt sound right at all! You do know that you can turn it off until it has been looked at?

Bez I felt the same about Stop/Start up until 5 weeks of ownership.........I had been turning it off until that point I just decided one day to leave it on........and not had a problem with it at all......just a slightly different driving style by applying the handbrake if stopped (I just feel safer with handbrake on when the engine isnt running!).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
TC an auto for you next time!! Don't need a handbrake!! You even have a manual shift if you want to use it!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ythsie said:
TC an auto for you next time!! Don't need a handbrake!! You even have a manual shift if you want to use it!
Ythsie I came from an automatic to a manual gearbox Captur........I wanted a total change and got one..........but yes I do like an auto box and would have no problem in going back to one!!

I will wait till Captur Mk 2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in my opinion its one of the best features of the captur and it rarely lets me down.the problem is that if it happens it takes 5-6s to drive off and its very embarassing.
fuel consumption is excellent and start/stop helps a lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happened to me once when we first got ours, its the other half's car but I insisted on driving it on our first road trip. Came up to a line of traffic, slightly downhill. Held the car on the brake (engine turned off) Im not sure what I did, but think I engaged gear without dipping the clutch, went to set off, kangarooed, bump started it, panicked, stalled it, hit the start button (switched it off) panicked some more, started it up again (got beeped by w****r behind me) set off kangarooing to a retort from the other half of "what ya playing at".

Embarrased.

User error.

Blamed the car anyway ha ha

·
Registered
824 Posts
If in any doubt with stop start its best to turn it off until you are more familiar with the Captur......it will reset at every new start of the engine........it is strange if you like me have never had stop start but it does begin to come naturally after a little while......I also find it more reassuring to apply the handbrake(manual gearbox)when stopped and in neutral with the engine off in stop start!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Julian said:
Yes TC Eddy, you come from a Jaguar X Type 2.5V6 Auto, must have been quite an adjustment, I must say I am awed by such renouncement !
Not so much a renouncement Julian.......I loved my Jag but the threat of major repairs and heavy fuel use made my mind up for a change of car.......I do miss the security of 4 wheel drive though (X type had this!)........no problem though as I love my Captur equally as much which came with a no worries package....just right for me!! the change of car has saved me quite a bit of money!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not that im not used to start and stop, I actually love it, and will definitely look for it in any everyday use car i`ll ever buy. (my other car is a 3ltr audi so I appreciate the very low consumption). However, on very rare occasions, the engine does not resume on its own and i have to turn off and on again to resume.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ric77766 said:
Mine keeps saying unavailable. When in neutral and handbrake on ??
It only works when a number of criterion are met....ie engine temp,outside temp,what is in use in car,aircon....battery condition etc ........once the right circumstances are met it will work.....it seems intermittent at times its not every time its available!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts