Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the amp rating for the cigarette lighter/auxiliary socket in a 2016 Captur 0.9 ? I want to buy a tyre pump but they all seem to require a 15 amp power supply.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Evening Grandpapaul

I have a 2014 0.9TCE and I use an "Airman Tour" tyre pump. I bought and use this predominantly for my motorcycle, bur occasionally use it for the Captur (through the auxiliary socket) and have had no issues.

According to the marketing spiel, it has a max current draw of 10A, although biker friends who have CANBUS systems say it also works on them, and CANBUS (on most motorcycles at least) is restricted to 5A max output.

Anyhow, I find this to be an excellent little pump, so perhaps worth a look.

All I would say is that the gauge (as with almost all of these "home" tyre inflators) isn't the most accurate, but that isn't an issue for me as I have a calibrated gauge I use to check.

Scott

·
Registered
923 Posts
I use the airman pump and have had it for 15 years min, a workman had a slow puncture on a landrover he said it would not pump up his tyres because he has tried plug in ones before, much to say his tyre was no problem for the little airman pump

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I agree - many of the pumps in the shops today are slightly above ten amps and 10A was the fuse rating in my last car (Scenic). I think the lighter fuse in the Scenic is 15A - fuse 32 in the manual. If not and it is 10A I would never advise to put a 15A fuse in but that is what I did.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I use a twin barrel foot pump found it much quicker than using plug in eletric one. Have to either have the engine running or keep taking the key card out of the slot,pressing stop button,put card back in again every couple of minutes when power cuts off. Have a plug in one under boot floor with my puncture plug repair kit for emergencies.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My ankle won't let me use a foot pump any more. You can always avoid all the hassles above and arrange for the pump to clip direct to the battery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Who´re you calling lazy :sleep::sleep::sleep:. I just need all the help I can get these days. I'd even have more kids if I could find a pregnant woman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts