Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I am a Captur owner since the beginning of this month.
I like the car and I think that the Captur owners are divided in two: ones with R-Link and others without R-Link. My oppinion is that the R-Link makes a huge difference and it worths all the money.

But enough with the introduction, maybe I'll share my impressions about Captur in another topic.

My problem is this: the Captur book shows that it is forbidden to put a baby seat in the middle of the rear seats. Why? My baby seat has no ISO fix, so why can't I put it there? It would be the best place for me, because I have two other (thin) persons who share the rear seats and, for them, the best places are in the margin seats. The middle seat is not as confortable for an adult as the mergine seat.

The answer could be "the safety of the child", but I read a lot of articles about this and there are many that say that the best place for a child seat is in the middle.

What are your oppinions?

·
Registered
260 Posts
My sons 2 and his favourite place is in the middle, as long as the seats secure I don't see the problem. It might just be renault being overly cautious.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would say logically the safest place would be in the middle, as it is the farthest point from any exterior surface?

·
Registered
924 Posts
The UK requirements of transporting children is quite specific in terms of height, weight etc. but does not specify location of child seats except for the obvious front/back location because of airbags. The UK government says child seats must have the E mark on them, and Child seats that use the diagonal seat belt or the ISOFIX is explained here

Renault UK operations manual for the Captur mention locations and shows mountings which must be used in specific locations in order to secure them correctly. It is quite clear however, that the centre seat is not suitable for child seats. Whilst this is not a UK government requirement, it appears to be Renault specific. Maybe they feel the centre mounting is simply not suitable.
e-manual and here

Oh boy! have I had trouble using the internet link system on this forum. Anyway now sorted. I hope I make sense.
Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just went for the expression+ so only got a radio cd aux hands free etc? no regrets in choosing this model. Kids have clio media navs nice but would be to techy for me. To each his own I say.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My wife has just reminded me that back in the day, she used to sit in the middle rear seat in our cars, so she could keep the boys apart, whilst our daughter travelled in style up front in the shot-gun seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello to everybody.
Here it is the official answer to my question, coming from RENAULT FRANCE:

"You wish to know Why it is not allowed to put a baby seat in the middle of the rear seats of a Renault Captur? We inform you that is strongly disadvised to place a baby seat in the center of the back seat because in case of shock the baby who is situated in front of windscreen can be thrown outside the vehicle."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts