Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ivory and black Dynamique S. I have paint coming off all over the (black) roof. Without even leaving the comfort of his desk the local dealer's service manager diagnosed "bird lime". When i made a fuss in the showroom he grudgingly got up from his seat, walked all of 10 metres to the car and said "bird lime".

The problem is that the paint is coming off from UNDER the lacquer coat (which seems to be intact) so these are some clever birds!

The local paint shop reckons the car was damaged prior to delivery and this is simply a bad repair.

The dealer won't budge and Renault are "looking into it". So I won't hold my breath.

I'm afraid my first few posts are going to be moans but this car is really poor and the dealer is terrible. I bought it as a cheapish car to move bigger loads around (I kept my 2 seater convertible luckily) and I'm hugely disappointed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Frankly that is quite ridiculous service from your Dealer.. Sadly there seem to be quite a few poor Dealers about.
Keep pressing with Customer Services and, if necessary insist they send a Renault engineer to look at it..
Good luck..

·
Registered
863 Posts
I hope them sort of birds are not coming my way.what a load of tosh to be told that.who is your dealer Arthur daley.
get in touch with Renault customer services.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No bL**** use though! We got a local paintshop to have a look and there are two damaged areas, one each side. Another Renault dealer has identified the damage as caused by incorrect fitting of roof bars, which we don't own.

Original dealer trying to pretend we'll go away if we ignore him.

Terrible service.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Speak to Citizens Advice and/or Trading Standards - sounds like you have grounds for rejecting the car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your dealer obviously doesn't know how bird lime damages the paintwork.

A recent study showed that bird lime doesn't actually damage the paint colour but softens the lacquer coating which then gives an uneven finish which shows up as blotches. If left on the car in warm temperatures the lime reacts with the lacquer not with the underlying paint.

Must admit, immediately I notice any bird droppings on any of our cars I take action to remove it. As the AA say, just put a cloth or sponge soaked in warm water over the droppings, leave for five minutes and then it should wipe straight off. If you try and remove it without softening it first you risk scratching the paintwork/lacquer through abrasion Edited by: Perusal

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you are unlucky enough to live a heavily bombarded area......treat your car to a wax or sealant with good crap repellant properties I have used Armorall Sheild recently which is really good,obviously there are others to choose from.......as for Renault Captives initial post...I hope you get sorted soon it sounds bad........some pitiful dealers!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
TC Eddy said:
..... with good crap repellant properties.....
You need that when dealing with some of the staff at Renault UK !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, IvorETower, We are lucky to have you . you seem to be an expert on everything from all your posts [and you dont even have a captur yet!] Look forward to even more info when you finally get yours. good luck after all the waiting.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
malcaptur said:
Hey, IvorETower, We are lucky to have you . you seem to be an expert on everything from all your posts.
(blush)... thank you. I don't claim to be an expert, but I think I know quite a lot about quite a lot, and am happy to share experience/knowledge to help others - and also to learn new things myself. I believe that the day we stop learning is the day we die, ie it's never too late to learn something new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts