Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of complaints on a French forum regarding a vibration (or resonance) phenomenon appearing between 70 and 75 mph in 5<SUP>th</SUP> gear at apparently 2200 rpm and this on some 90 DCI, presumably manual, only.
This phenomenon is reportedly known by Renault who prescribes clutch replacement. However those who had the clutch replaced have not noticed any significant improvement. Has anybody observed this phenomenon?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
306 Posts
Decided to experiment while on deserted Belgium motorways yesterday and I can confirm that with my car there is a definite vibration at 2200 rpm in 5th gear!
I would slow to 60 and floor the accelerator and between 70-75ish the vibration was felt through the seat and then it smoothed out again. Will definitely take it up with the dealer.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From a Belgian DCI Captur owner who experienced the problem and had the clutch replaced which only produced some small improvement : after a test drive, the dealer recognised that, although somewhat reduced, the problem was still there and further confessed that the RENAULT people were well aware of the problem and actively working on remedies and that new modification prescriptions should be made available in the first quarter of 2014. <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I don't have a Captur DCI, but I parted recently with a Nissan Note powered by basically the same DCI 90 engine, with which I did some 10,000 miles, a good part of it on French motorways, and I never experienced such problem, much tothe contrary the Note has always given me a vibration free and actually very smooth ride.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have done some 70-75-80 (any cops on this forum?) and a bit more miles and had no problems with vibration

·
Registered
306 Posts
Vbl said:
I have done some 70-75-80 (any cops on this forum?) and a bit more miles and had no problems with vibration

Its good that all are not affected but not so good that mine is

·
Registered
306 Posts
Vbl said:
Frosty, my hubby says it is probably Friday afternoon car....

Thank hubby for that its just what I wanted to hear

On a brighter note I did a 100 mile motorway trip today with eco on (don't normally use it) and after around 60 miles I noticed the vibration was not present! I turned it off and then it came back, turned it on and it disappeared
guess eco will be used a lot more!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Frosty any news about a solution? I am also a victim of bad vibrations together with a very nusty behavior when passing road bumbers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi plinakos, no more news from me as Ive not taken it any further as yet. I hate going to garages so I tend to put up with issues until it goes in for a service.... unless I have no choice of course

1 - 20 of 110 Posts