Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this so I'm hoping someone can help, had my capture approx 4 year now and never had a problem with it until last week, tried starting the car and it was flat, jumped started it and was running ok, parked up for a hour , started car and same again battery flat so took it for a battery test and everything ok, just said it needed a good run, so did as requested, next morning started car , battery flat , can any body help please , key card message does keep coming up , battery low ? Tia

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If you have not replaced the main battery in the last four years then it will need replacing, the message refers to the key card battery. Your main battery is a efb type and the keycard battery is a cr2032 battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for reply , had the battery tested at Halfords and everything was fine , but I have read that if the battery in the key card is low , this could affect the main battery in the car , could this be the case , thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,549 Posts
No, the keycard battery will not cause the car battery to drain. If the car battery has been tested and passed as OK, then there is something draining the battery - the boot light? or interior light left on by mistake? If you are sure it's not these then you will need an auto electrician to perform a drain test (unless you have a clamp meter and know how to use it)

Reactions: Ivan49

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi new to this so I'm hoping someone can help, had my capture approx 4 year now and never had a problem with it until last week, tried starting the car and it was flat, jumped started it and was running ok, parked up for a hour , started car and same again battery flat so took it for a battery test and everything ok, just said it needed a good run, so did as requested, next morning started car , battery flat , can any body help please , key card message does keep coming up , battery low ? Tia
Hi try disconnecting the battery overnight and reconnect and if the car starts and everything is ok its probably not the battery. There could be a parasitic draw of current, could be a faulty relay or a small current drain from the alternator an auto electrician should be able to help you. Let us know if you have managed to sort it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts