Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been informed my late August delivery will now be October....disappointment here today.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wotz, I would just them to sod off and find something else.

·
Registered
98 Posts
being a month behind is not good, that seems to be the biggest problem with this car, they said mine will be ready mid august so ready for 1st sept on new reg, if it`s not ready and moved back to far I will just cancel and buy an ex demo. On a positive note, being so much demand and people loving the looks should help the resale cost come px time

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree Goldy if they keep messing you about go get something else plenty of good cars out there

·
Registered
97 Posts
Truth be told, he should have been warned by the dealer of the delivery times - if they're honest about it in the first place then there shouldn't be any let down. I gather from a selling point it might make you lose a sale but I'd rather see some honesty.

My dealer was overly realistic about my dates, to the extent that they got it wrong by a month and I have it a month earlier than anticipated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd love to know when you ordered as my Captur is also due August and I ordered 21 April but not had any info re delays from my dealer(yet?)

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
For info, my car was ordered on Feb 27 with delivery to dealer given as 15 July. The car was shipped to Southampton on June 17, so I don't see why it should take a further 4 weeks to move from there to the supplying dealer (other than poor logistics). Very frustrating to know it's only about 50 miles from home, 30 from where I work yet I can't have it for another 3 weeks or so

·
Registered
97 Posts
simpsob said:
I'd love to know when you ordered as my Captur is also due August and I ordered 21 April but not had any info re delays from my dealer(yet?)

Not sure if you're talking to me or Wotz but I ordered mine at the beginning of April and I'll be getting mine on Friday.

FYI - I've got a Tahoe Blue 0.9 TCE Dynamique.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - if I remember correctly the production line closed for a month during the summer so that will have a knock on effect on the delivery times. When I ordered mine in July last year my dealership did say that they would expect delivery in 3 months but due to the shut down to prepare myself for 4 month wait - I actually took delivery in November so from date to date it was a couple of days short of 4 months

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

Ordered May 9th if memory serves me correctly!

·
Registered
863 Posts
ordered mine last December.was told 10 weeks got it start of feb so two weeks early.was told if I registered it there and then I could pick it up as a 63 plate was not bothered about when it was registered anyway.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My late April order was scheduled for early June (and only then because I could get one 'in build' if I compromised on the interior. June arrived and the car had vanished to be replaced by a delivery date of September/October.

I cancelled the order and picked up an ex-demo in a fortnight.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts