Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what caused this beep, which happened immediately I pressed the start/stop button?

No warning lights, nothing on the text display, car was in neutral.

[TUBE]BWZc2SOja90[/TUBE]

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Ours has never done this either.No idea where the poster is from, but it's clearly a LHD car in the video.
And the only other person who's noticed it is from Denmark.
So it's obviously a function specific to countries other than the UK.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is it possibly a parking sensor, alarm or similar that is switching on. We do get this but it is caused by the retro fit dash cam switching on
Edited by: Clickem

·
Registered
22 Posts
Heelo

Seems to me that is something related with "bad" reading of the hands free card.

In this situation the card is inserted on the proper place?

Did you tried with the card introduced in the card place?

Mine in Portugal had already mede me this ocasionally and i suspect that is something related with a bad comunication between the card and the car

Cheers

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't think so. I think it is country specific, or perhaps all countries except the U.K. But I'm willing to be corrected.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
It could be something to do with bad communication between the car and the card.But in the UK we onlyget warning lights if there is a problem with the card.
Maybe audible beep is used in other countries, us UK drivers have no way of knowing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks for all the replies. It's a UK spec Captur with no aftermarket additions. It's not the camera making the noise, it seems to come from the right (driver's) footwell. I've never bothered putting the card in the slot. It's usually on my work lanyard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya I've just found your post and my car is doing this also and do not know why. I have taken it to Renault who have said there are no codes in the computer. But I am also getting a new like two tone warning beep that is not showing any warning messages or lights on the dash. Really annoying me. Is it still happening to your car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your not getting mixed up with the tones from the sat nav are you?

I heard a couple of warning beeps while driving and it turned out that my sat nav was warning me of a speed camera. Does it every time I pass it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No my sat nav is not on and I know the tones from that. I've the exactly same beeps as the video the original poster posted and now I've got this high then low tone warning beep that goes off twice and stops what annoys me though is that there is no indication of what these warning beeps are. Edited by: Lilimaysmum

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm Danish, in Denmark and drive a 2013 Tce manual - only beeps on start if petrol is low (same beep as when low fuel warning happens while driving).Has rare, strange beeps from the GPS, though. Have turned ALL speed cam and other proxmity alerts off - really ALL - but every time I have a route "in action", the odd beep comes now and then.
Now - don't allways have time to study the screen while driving, but it doesn't look like any icons or waypoints appears with the beeps.
And no - it's not just the speed warning beep - that one I can recognize ;o)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh - forgot; allways carry key card in my pocket - only comes out after car has been saying "Key card batteri low" for quite a while ;o)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't know what sound yours makes as can't watch the video. Mine,very occasionally,maybe twice or three times a year,makes a horrible screeching beep when I press the start button. No warning lights or symbols just the sound of a Magpie being strangled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts