Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Captur on the 1st Feb - 1.5Dci 90 Dymnamique s Medianav EDC with most of the extras.

Was initially told delivery would be end of March having soured a vehicle from another dealer.

Now being told 22 May - disappointing and in this day and age can't understand why it takes almost 4 months to get a brand new car.

Be warned if you're thinking of ordering one and expect prompt delivery!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree mess you arround Considering there apparently instock worst part is i New this would happen before it acctually happened (yes Renault are predictable)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes its being reported a lot that there will be a rather long wait for a Captur.......I suppose one way of shortening the wait is to find a dealer with stock and accept what they have there and then....I think once you start to add extras onto the base cars it all takes time!

I ordered mine from stock and picked it up less than 2 weeks later by doing this!

·
Registered
308 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Yes its being reported a lot that there will be a rather long wait for a Captur.......I suppose one way of shortening the wait is to find a dealer with stock and accept what they have there and then....I think once you start to add extras onto the base cars it all takes time!

I ordered mine from stock and picked it up less than 2 weeks later by doing this!
Ditto...the dealer only had to fit rev sensors

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Rather than extras it's the colour combinatuons and the sound/navigation system you choose. These choices depend on production as with the systems you have different wiring looms.
These Capturs always take a bit of time!!
Extras are added by your dealership or at the import centre for the cars.
Plenty of pre registered vehicles around!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Agree with Ythsie, it's down to personalisation issues e.g. choice of colour combos which require a factory order. When we decided on a single colour, black, the dealer went straight into his computer and advised that there were 4 due to land on 17/18 March and tagged one for us. So from order to delivery we are expecting about a 6-7 week delay.

·
Registered
215 Posts
spoke to the dealer today and was informed the captur should be with them on the 19th of marchhopfully on the same shipment you have mentioned

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone having same issue order put in end of november told to do it there and then as I would get car for the 11th of feb on the 9th I rang them to ask time to pick up told there was a delay till march the first and could pick up mid day rang today to say its on the boat they should recive it on the 4th and I can pick up on the 6th am I being fobbed off again I really hope not got holiday booked for the 8th on south coast :-(

·
Registered
127 Posts
GORDONR said:
spoke to the dealer today and was informed the captur should be with them on the 19th of marchhopfully on the same shipment you have mentioned

same day!!!! u in Scotland me in north london

·
Registered
127 Posts
leoboy85 said:
Hi everyone having same issue order put in end of november told to do it there and then as I would get car for the 11th of feb on the 9th I rang them to ask time to pick up told there was a delay till march the first and could pick up mid day rang today to say its on the boat they should recive it on the 4th and I can pick up on the 6th am I being fobbed off again I really hope not got holiday booked for the 8th on south coast :-(

leo do what i done go to the dealer and ask him to open your order in his computer and see for yourself the delivery day.i dont like to call and ask for that i went there to see with my eyes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered 1.2 TCE Ivory/Black on January 28th, was told 12 week delivery.

Dealer rang a couple of weeks later and said going into production 18th March and "should" be with them about three weeks after that. Later told to expect it no later than 29th April "or possibly before". Still waiting for more information.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had a nightmare getting one in the colours I wanted, ivory/ black roof. Dealer tried to sell me other colours but I dug my heals in. Now told it will be here this Friday .
The manager in the branch Lookers Chester explained thus.
Previously dealers ordered cars on the production line and the modified them as needed or took the car for stock regardless and quite possibly these cars ended up as pre reg. Other dealers did not get a look in however, now things have changed, apparently ANY dealer has access to any vehicle on the line. Trouble is at the moment this system is in its infancy and some dealers won't release the vehicles. Lookers told me that Renault had to wave a bug stick at the dealer where my car is coming from so they would release it.
Anyhow sounds like I'll be getting mine Friday
This could of course be total BS but having rung around the dealers it could also be true.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been getting a new delivery date for the last 3 weeks, meant to be today but yet again no car. It's in Southampton. Phoned Renault got no where can't guarantee a date. My car tax runs out today so have to pay it again. They won't offer refund on tax or courtesy car. Worse bit is, they have taken husbands mobility payment already and he hasn't received it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts