Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Ordered my metallic mercury silver Captur yesterday and picking up in March hopefully. Just wondered if anyone has tried fitting a bike in the back of the car (as shown in the brochure 'inner space' section)? I'm trying to work out if I will need to fit a towbar and bike rack or if I can get away without one!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did but did not like that there was no room for anything else without touching the tyres, pedals or chain. I did get tow bar with "clip on tow bar" bike rack, Two seconds job, clean car, clean me, no damage to the car

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome Georgiegirl! I would get the carrier...otherwise it's a case of taking off the front wheel.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Thought you would say that but would rather spend the extra money on something nicer than a towbar!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Georgiegirl you have the roof bars and bike carrier on the roof version as well...but it isn't cheap!

·
Registered
338 Posts
You can have a tow bar that comes off when not in use so it does not spoil the look of the car. Mind you, I always viewed tow bar as an extra safety attachment; driver behind will think twice about how close to get to you if there is a danger of impaling himself onto tow bar

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Vbi....quite right!!...

Have a GREAT Christmas!!!
Hope Santa brings a foldable bike Georgiegirl!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys can anyone post a photo of a fitted roof bars/ bike rack complete with a mountain bike in this forum. I wish to purchase one but still have not seen one on the road. Just wondering how it would look like? Please help.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
On the basis that the Captur is almost exactly the same size as my first-shape Scenic, a mountain bike should just fit in..... front wheel first, and turned at 90 degrees so it points up-down with the bike frame on its side along the car.Roof bars and rack...the car isso tall that you will need a step ladder to get the bike up there! And watch out for restricted height openings like multi-storey car parks etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts