Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Alfaandy, welcome to the forums. I'm sure this was the same colours I first ordered then got a senile moment and changed it to a more conservative oyster grey and black. So needless to say I like it, bet you get a few looks.
you've had it a month now, how are you finding it? Has everything been plain sailing?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice one! First time I've seen that combinatiion in the flesh, so to speak...Very striking!!
That's the beauty of these cars...when there will be more of them on the roads, there will be so many different variations!!
Can't think of another motor that has so many possibilities..
Are you happy with the fuel economy? A couple of mixed views on the forum regarding that in the 0.9 unit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are both loving the car, especially the wife who is the main driver. I've had Alfa Romeos for years so was a bit concerned over having less than half the power I had before but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Needed something a bit more practical and I do very little driving now as I use the train for work so I let her choose and think she did a pretty good job. And I still have my old Alfa when I need a petrol head fix haha

Getting lots of looks, most of which are complimentary.... I think! MPG is a shade under 40 which is about what we were seeing with the diesel Alfa (although that had been remapped) but the Captur weighs about 250kg more and I would imagine is a lot less aerodynamic too. Done just over 1000 miles so hoping to see an improvement going forward.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm so glad I chose these colours I test drove one with black wheels but think the orange finishes it off hoping to have mine by Xmas

·
Registered
317 Posts
The orange wheels certainly make the car stand out and finish it off nicely
. Your choice of colour combination was my second choice as I was torn between your and the reverse i.e. Arizona body with black roof. I went for the latter purely because my last two cars were black and I wanted something different.

·
Registered
23 Posts
looks nice, took the same colour for test drive but without the orange wheels, but i went with opposite colour black over orange with black wheels and chrome pack.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Alfaandy, I've always loved Alfa's ever since my old fella was obsessed with Alfasuds, spent lots of time with him filling in the holes! It always amazes me when i see the odd one for sale as dad had several in the 80's and they all rusted away! I had a 147 a few years ago and loved it, even when the door handle came off in my hand! Its got soul i told everone when they took the piss and told me i should have bought 'german' What have you got now as it must be pretty light as the Captur is around 1180 KG which by today's standard is very light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts