Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cleaned my captur for the first time yesterday , not happy with the black skirt round bottom of doors etc., anyone got any tips for a good treatment to keep the black looking good, back to black is o.k. but tends to be a bit expensive.having said that it now looks like a million dollars IVORY & BLACK EXPLORE WHEELS.

·
Registered
588 Posts
someone gave the tip in an earlier post Malcaptur to use Turtle Wax Ice on it to stop some of the road dirt sticking to it. i tried it and it does seem to work. just try it on a patch if unsure and see if your happy with the result

·
Registered
103 Posts
Years ago when there were fewer options we used to use WD40 it still works well and s reasonably cheap. All these products are oil based

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I agree...but it will attract dirt rather than repelling it!!
many of the polishes like 'Back to Black' are a gloss finish..bought something similar, but the plastics tend to be a matt finish.

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
824 Posts
Twas I that suggested Turtle Wax Ice.........I chose it solely because you could do everything with it and it left no residues......especially on the black plastic trim which it doesn't,I have been pleased with it! It also leaves a surface where water runs off from the plastic so it repels quite well!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input, will try the turtle wax ice, another thing I didn't spec on when buying my captur is the height, I used to have a megane cabriolet which was a doddle to clean , but with me being a short**** ive got to us the steps never mind though its worth it when its finished, thanks again.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Blimey Malc!!! You must be a short****!!
I am a tall, fat****
and can reach everywhere!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just flights from Poland and bed and board!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Peanut Oil.

It will remove white wax residue and bring it up bright black.

Old tip from somebody who used to win concourse competitions in my PT cruiser..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What a waste of peanut oil!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I tried another polish today Armorall Shield.....it was recommended to me so I thought I would give it a go.............bear in mind it was a warm sunny day... it went on and come off a treat,time will tell how good it is, it supposed to be a very good water repellant........soon know as I did the Mrs car as well both look lovely!!........will report back..............and it doesn't stain the exterior plastic either!!...a bonus!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Picked up a few bits and bobs from poundland, I bought the spray tyre shine and that seems to give the plastic a decent shine. Someone please tell me if this isn't good for the plastic ( first time trying it).

·
Super Moderator
2,518 Posts
Should be OK; I use Autoglym tyre shine on the black plastic parts on the Scenic (including the bumpers) and it works a treat. It's spray-on, and a quick wipe with a cloth spreads it about easily. If you're going to make the tyres look like new after a wash, it takes just a few seconds longer to do the black plastic trim parts as well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts