Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought a Captur and everytime I turn on the ignition. The blue coolant light comes on, it does go off after a few minutes. I’ve never had this with previous cars so just want to check if this is a normal thing for the capturs?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2019 GT Line
70 Posts
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought a Captur and everytime I turn on the ignition. The blue coolant light comes on, it does go off after a few minutes. I’ve never had this with previous cars so just want to check if this is a normal thing for the capturs?

thanks in advance!
Yes that is normal will go out when temperature reaches its level usually about 5 minutes or so.

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
Not really sure why we need to be told the engine is cold when it should be patently obvious. If they mean "don't overstress the engine until it has reached operating temperature" why don't they say so anywhere. I presume there will also be a light if the engine is overheating - fortunately I haven't seen one of these yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
There's no engine temperature gauge in the first-shape Captur. The compromise that Renault chose was a blue light to show when the engine is cold and should not be "abused" (revved too high) and a red warning light if it overheats.
Once the blue light goes out you should be safe to "drive with enthusiasm"

Reactions: malmag5 and amyxna

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
This is all my owners manual says
"...This comes on when the ignition is switched on. If it turns red, stop and let the engine idle for a minute or two. The temperature should lower and the warning light should return to a blue colour. If not, stop the engine. Let the engine cool down before checking the coolant. Contact an approved Dealer "
Not very helpful is it? And that bit about the warning light returning to blue will never happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts