Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Galaxy S3 with which I'm streaming music to the MediaNav through Bluetooth.

There seems to be a common problem with Android bluetooth in that it has problems streaming both music and the phone book at the same time.

Tell your mediaNav to sync the contacts, and when streaming music, it will jump and stutter.
Tell you mediaNav not to sync the contacts and the music streams fine.

This seems well documented, but I have yet to find a resolution to get both working together. Any ideas anybody?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Had this problem with my other car. I decided to go the easy option and use a pen drive for music. So with this car I've done the same sync the contacts from the phone and using the USB for music find this a lot easier. I know this doesn't solve your problem but it's an alternative. Not sure if other people are streaming music via their phones.
Although I have streamed it by mistake when going through the media options and it seamed to work ok.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with you Dr65, does not solve the issue but I find it easier to select the music I want to play through the MediaNav. I put together a few different playlists into different folders to make it easier to get differentmusic depending on who is in the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks..

MaxxDKM - are you actually putting together playlists, or just placing compilations of songs in a folder?

Also, this way, I'm not sure there is a way to get the Captur to shuffle across the directory structure.
Is shuffle only limited to within the folder?

Thanks folks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Raz, I'm just placing compilations into a folder structure. I'm sure you can only play and shuffle from within the folder, but I did read somewhere that you can shuffle songs across the usb memory stick. haven't tried that yet.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I haven't found a way to shuffle across folders in medianav. I am so used to suffle across all my music, I am quite lost without it

I think I would find it technically difficult to organise my music into playlist folders. Any help would be appreciated.Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
588 Posts
i just added everything onto the flash drive and chose shuffle on the media nav.didnt bother with any kind of folders as i find this just complicates things (ok, im lazy too so sue me).

love the fact you can shuffle though, its a real bonus over the fact i never could on the Scenic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok this isn't Media Nav related but for those with R Linked Cars its worth knowing. My car will be my company car and so during my week long demo I discovered you can link two phones at the same time via bluetooth.

This allowed me to use the phonebook from my work phone (Blackberry) and to stream music from my own phone (Nexus 4).

Very clever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts