Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we picked up the wifes car from the dealer I noticed a defect in the bonnet. This was in the form of the bonnet rather than the paint so they agreed to replace said bonnet (which was done today). I didn't really bother to look at it any closer as I knew it was being replaced.

Anyway, the car is now on the drive with its new bonnet and it doesn't seem to fit quite right.
It looks a couple of mm lower at the rear of the bonnet where it meets the wings on one side, yet the gaps all look about right.

Anyone else seen a bit of a mismatch here?

Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
338 Posts
If I pay couple of hundred for a coat and it has one sleeve shorter than the other, there would not be a happy person in that shop.

So, why should the dealer/service think it ok to pass on something that looks like that and costs thousands?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just plain wrong! Take it back!! The pannels on Capturs are very well alligned and don't look like that I an afraid!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Now you have noticed it, it will likely bug you until the end of time. Ask to have it sorted. Might be quite straight forward and just a case of simple adjustment Edited by: Perusal

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stealer phoned today, their technician can't get the bonnet to fit correctly so it will need to go to the body shop

"we should be able to return the car to you by Friday sir"

You'll have the car back on my drive tomorrow with a perfectly fitting bonnet, I have a Renault questionnaire to fill in on our experience of buying this car and so far things aren't looking so good

"no problem sir, we'll call before we return the car tomorrow"

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would also look at the front wings and how the whole frond end fits when you get the car back. Check all the gaps are correct and the same not just the one side. It does Sound as though they are going to adjust everything on the front? Could be wrong but better check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts