Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I noticed under the bonnet.........has anyone else looked at the plastic bonnet latch mechanism........is it me or does it seem a little flimsy,I'm sure it isn't but I don't recall any of my other cars having a plastic one!............just wondering!

·
Registered
103 Posts
TC Eddy said:
Something I noticed under the bonnet.........has anyone else looked at the plastic bonnet latch mechanism........is it me or does it seem a little flimsy,I'm sure it isn't but I don't recall any of my other cars having a plastic one!............just wondering!
Yes it is a bit flimsy, comes down to price I guess, glad they made the saving on something like that rather than say the styling lol

I was also surprised to hydraulic struts under the bonnet rather than the cheaper metal stay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discovered the hydraulic bonnet mechanism today- very impressed!! Never seen this before, but a really good feature when the bonnet is so large :) Thought I'd have a nosey at the engine while cleaning him today. Lifted up the bonnet and was pretty freaked out at first when it shot out of my hand straight up!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Antca7576 said:
Discovered the hydraulic bonnet mechanism today- very impressed!! Never seen this before, but a really good feature when the bonnet is so large :) Thought I'd have a nosey at the engine while cleaning him today. Lifted up the bonnet and was pretty freaked out at first when it shot out of my hand straight up!

after reading this..thought I would have a nosey under the bonnet,and also to work out how to check the oil manually...as since 1999 all the Renaults I have had did it electronically...Nice to see you can get at lights a lot easier...
I was under the bonnet a lot with the last Megane as it took a while to work out the water leak in the car was caused by the scuttle drain being bunged up...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts