Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any owners that carry 'mans best friend' around in the boot? I'm trying to find a boot protectorbut the sites I've contacted all say the Capturis too new. Alternatively can someone recommend something they are using as I've got around 6 weeks to find something to use, or the doggies won't be invited in

·
Registered
260 Posts
We've got a little dog who will be riding in the boot so ive looked for some protectors. On ebay they do boot linings that they say are made to measure for captur, maybe check that out. Ill try to find the link. Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you don't find a boot protector in time please remember the removable boot lid is reversible with one side being wipe clean and the other cloth covered. Very useful.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You lot in the UK are so unlucky!!! Once again they are made for the Captur and are in the Polish accessory catalogue!!

Why on earth are they not available for you? CRAZY!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use rear seats protector for dogs. They are available in any moto shop. I prefer to keep a dog in special suspenders which are clasped in the passenger belt catch. It is important in the case of emergency when I have to slam on the brakes. BTW never use a collar for that purpose.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah same I have a belt clasp harness that I just run through the back seats and a dog car seat that keeps him secure. In the UK options there is a boot protector but im not sure if it fills the whole boot or if it just folds out over the back bumper to protect the boot opening from scratches etc.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions, my better half has found a site called Titan Covers which are listing a Captur and they look pretty good, they even have one in Tahoe Blue
(well pretty close)
I'll have a look on e bay too though as they may be cheaper.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My Oggy would not know what hit him if he is placed in the boot and compost bags are in his place on the back sit. I need good comprehensive boot liner for all the other things I carry to protect my new toy

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that one on the renault site isn't a boot protector but the metal framework that fits behind the rear seats to stop the dog jumping onto them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've ordered one from Titan, it's tailored to the lower floor and rear seats forward but adjusts when they slide back, it's not cheap at £130 but hopefully I'll have it for years!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I have placed my order for a captur today
And I have an optional extra which includes a boot
protector.i also looked on the renault accessory site
And you can get it as an accessory

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd never put my dogs in the boot of the Captur! The boot area is designed to be a crumple zone! One of the reasons for buying the Captur is the removable seat covers, if they get dirty I'll sling them in the washing machine. As for protecting your boot when carry dirty things to the tip etc get yourselves a builders 1 ton bag. We have a wood burner and so have to collect wood regularly, I'd have wrecked the boot of my previous car Toyota Avensis Estate without this bag and I'm sure it will work just as well in the Captur.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I put my two in the car I'd need seven sets of covers!

Twice a day they come back from the woods absolutely filthy so crumple zone or not they go in the boot!

I know hundreds of dog owners through agility and most are too big to go on the seats so they don't have a choice... soits in the crumple zone....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Frosty said:
If I put my two in the car I'd need seven sets of covers!

Twice a day they come back from the woods absolutely filthy so crumple zone or not they go in the boot!

I know hundreds of dog owners through agility and most are too big to go on the seats so they don't have a choice... soits in the crumple zone....

Not suggesting you shouldn't put them in the boot I'm simply highlighting the potential issue of doing so, for the benefit of all who read these forums.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts