Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very excited that I have just made my first large purchase as a young professional :) Treating myself to a Capture Dynamique S in Tahoe Blue and Black. Fell in love with it when I saw the model at the Westfield event. I've also added in the R-Link system and the blue touch interior pack.

I've attached a photo of the model I saw at Westfield, Ive ordered the exact same but the waiting is killing me haha. Has anyone picked up their Captur yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've ordered mine too - Dynamique s diesel - when i saw this one in the show room - went for the grey with black roof - must be an age thing - was told end of Sept for delivery - so I'm concerned to read posts stating delivery is delayed till Oct now

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hello and welcome along both of you.
<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

A couple of weeks delay is a pain but sometimes expected on a brand new car. I think they sometimes find it hard to judge how many orders they are likely to get. Sometimes it could only be a single item such as the r-link system that is taking slightly longer to produce.

Hopefully you've got a good dealer who can keep you informed.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I too ordered the Captur on 30 June wanting it to be delivered on 1 September in time for the 63 plate coming out, the dealership said that shouldn't be a problem however called me a couple of days letter saying that deliver would be 4 October. Slightly disappointing but he explained this was due to demand and most probably due to the fact I had ordered the R Link as an optional extre. I decided to go for the Arizona with black roof, definitely won't lose that one on a car park!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think everything I've read on Renault cars lately suggests that there are delays with the R-Link system...<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
45 Posts
I added R Link to my order last week & it has brought the date forward so don't think it's that I think it sheer demand

·
Registered
317 Posts
Had a surprise call from my dealer today informing me the car I ordered has arrived early in the country. The original delivery date I was given when I ordered the car at the end of June was the 4th October so I will be getting the car some 3 weeks earlier which is excellent news. I was anticipating a call telling me of a delay reading some of the comments on this forum as I have ordered the R Link.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah similar to me, I was told October but now it's going to be at the dealers on the 18th September. I guess ours were on the boat together :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Went to the dealership this afternoon to sort out the paper work hoping to collect the car a week today. The paper work was fine and my car was available to review however when I approached the car I quickly realised it wasn't the one that I had ordered. Although the colour was right the gloss exterior pack wasn't. The colour I ordered was Arizona with a black roof with diamond black exterior gloss pack with diamond black wheels. The car was delivered with the Arizona gloss extreior pack with Arizona coloured wheels. The car looks very much like it has been 'Tango'd' as to say. Although I dont't dislike it, it isn't what I ordered. The dealership are therefore contacting Renault HO on Monday to see how quickly they can source another car, however i suspect this will take some time or to see if we can hopefully come to some financil arrangement. I will keep you posted. I will just add it it clear it wasn't the dealers fault as the order went through as I had requested.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If it was me.....I'd prefer a NICE discount.....it looks very good in that spec as well....and you won't have to wait!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I to would be a little dissapointed if they got something wrong with my order. But I'm sure you won't be the only one this happens to as this car has so many ways to personalise it. Hope you reach a happy conclusion with your dealer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Funnily enough that's exactly what I said to my dealership. Although I am disappointed, I do feel sorry for them as it was clear it wasn't their fault. Hopefully something willl get sorted out on Monday.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Can those parts not be swapped out by your dealer rather than having to wait for a new one again?Anyway, whatever happens sorry to hear - hope they can sort it out quickly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The parts cannot be swapped. The dealer called today to let me know it would take 2 months to build another car, however they are willing to offer me a £1,500 discount if I take the car as it is i.e. with the wrong exterior colour pack. Although it wasn't what I ordered, I don't dislike it, it will just take a bit of getting used to as I haven't had a bright coloured car before (Arizona with black roof). I have accepted their offer of a discount and will hopefully be collecting the car on Saturday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts