Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just recently bought a Renault captur 2017 110 every now and again when driving i stop go to pull off and it won’t let me it’s like handbrake is stuck on I’ve had the back brake drums off everything looks good i cleaned brake dust off the sensor and rings but still doing the same anyone else have this problem or can tell me what might be wrong thanks bri

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
Are the cables sticking? How does the handbrake lever feel? How many clicks. It could be out of adjustment, or just worn. What did the brake linings look like when you had the drums off. Did the drums come off easily? If they were loose I would again say that the brakes need adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
Right, I think I've understood what is happening. If you stamp on the brake pedal then the "hill hold" function is activated which locks the brakes on for about 5 seconds - I believe it does this through the brake hydraulics (brake fluid, not the handbrake cable). So when you go to pull away after just a short stop, the brakes are indeed locked on. If this is stil happening after a longer period of time, maybe there is something wrong with the hill-hold function?

To check if this is happening, try coming to a halt gently without having to press the brake pedal very far down. If you can then pull away immediately without feeling that something is holding the car back ...... it's what I've described above

1 - 5 of 5 Posts