Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having got my Captur on Wednesday 01/07/20 I find that on accelerating away from traffic lights or from stop it seems as though there's a dip in acceleration after a few seconds then it picks up again. I was wondering if there is a hill start brake that's sticky as it's becoming annoying and embarrassing as it looks as if you don't know what you're doing. Has anyone had a similar problem.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My first thoughts are is the eco setting on, a little green light will be on, on the dash instruments.
if so turn it off

This will create the thing you are describing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I'll check that out later on. I don't recollect seeing anything on the dash but for sure I'll definitely look. Thank you very much for your time and help it's much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The suppliers checked the car and found a faulty ECO switch which was acting like a hill start condition which was intermittent. Now after replacing it I only use ECO on long runs and still return figures of 58 mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The suppliers checked the car and found a faulty ECO switch which was acting like a hill start condition which was intermittent. Now after replacing it I only use ECO on long runs and still return figures of 58 mpg.
So do you think I should suggest the eco switch to the technician that has been dealing with it? Is your car manual or auto like mine pls?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So do you think I should suggest the eco switch to the technician that has been dealing with it? Is your car manual or auto like mine pls?
Also, when you say intermittent do you mean the issue was randomly occurring? Mine is more often than not happening when I take off. It never does it when I leave it with the technicians.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts