Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined Sky for broadband/landline 18 months ago after seeing advert claiming it would cost £28.99p a month for 24 months. Well it didn't. Crept up over the months to last months £37.99p,yesterday's Direct Debit was £50.99p(wasn't notified of the increase) with a £2 increase from 1st April. So....
Any advice on who to move to or who not to move to as a provider? Good custom service,easy access to online account a must.
Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update,been paying for fibre broadband for 18 months and according to BT Openreach and several others reliable sources,there is no fibre available where I live.

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
If you're after good customer service, in my experience I woul davise you not to go anywhere near Virgin Media.

Do you have a good 4G signal? If so, have a look at 3 as you can get one of their routers that works via the cellphone network, not via a landline into the house. It has advantages that you can take it with you if you move home, no waiting for the connection to be sorted out, or you can take it to hotels, B&B's, friends' houses etc if going away for a few days

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ivor,unfortunately phone reception at home is very hit and miss. One minute good signal next no signal at all.
Will have to get landline broadband,wading through all the "deals" and reading the small print. Some very misleading adverts out there. How can something be advertised at,for example,£24.99p a month for 18 months if the tiny print below the price says "monthly payments will rise during contract"? So it isn't £24.99p for 18 months is it?
Raised a complaint against Sky with OFCOM,who confirmed there is no fibre broadband service to my area and with Trading Standards who told me how to proceed and get my money refunded.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You will never get the so called advertised speeds from Sky, Virgin etc unless you have true fibre cable connection.
Recently contacted Sky to get best deal on renewal and was told would easy get 58mbdownload speed, which seemed fair for up, here but only getting nearer 30mb so will be on the blower to get better speeds.
Depending on where you live it is a lottery what actual speeds you will get on your broadband connection.
cheers
Kootzee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts