Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to remove/replace the Captur's LED drivers side daytime running light unit? I've just noticed the glass is cracked on my 66 reg dci auto, and I can actually get a second hand unit on eBay quite cheaply. Unfortunately the Renault website/handbook says to contact the dealers, but I have a suspicion that could involve a pot of cash.

CheersEdited by: Tinker110

·
Registered
5 Posts
Daytime running light , does anyone know for certain if this part is under the warranty, I have a two year old captur , passenger side as gone off .ta

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
UK cars come with a minimum of 3 years' warranty, so if your car is only 2 years old, it should be covered

Reactions: Coldaly

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Daytime running lights on new cars are a legal requirement, if you turn them off you will almost certainly be breaching the construction & use regulations

Reactions: Coldaly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to remove/replace the Captur's LED drivers side daytime running light unit? I've just noticed the glass is cracked on my 66 reg dci auto, and I can actually get a second hand unit on eBay quite cheaply. Unfortunately the Renault website/handbook says to contact the dealers, but I have a suspicion that could involve a pot of cash.

CheersEdited by: Tinker110

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I just replace one of mine, thought I would post here, as I couldn’t find any help on the internet. Our Captur is a 2018 model, the daytime running light got broken on the motorway when something dropped off a lorry and broke the head light, we did not have any details to claim on the insurance, so it was either a garage (about £350 to replace) or DIY.
I bought a new one and it is now replaced. I would recommend the following:
Jack the side up to be worked on. Remove the wheel, then pop off the side wheel arch plastic trim (it should just pop off when pulled). Then remove the inside wheel arch lining (there are 4 plastics push fit retainers, these take a fair bit of effort to remove (which is easier to do if you use the plastic liner and leverage it all at the same time).
I think I also removed one screw from underneath the car attached to the bumper (not 100% on this, you will need a star driver).
The wheel arch plastic liner will now come out and you can access the daytime running light. There are 7 bolt head screws to remove, to free up the light. The real challenge is the push fix wire connector. You need to lift a clip on the bottom of it to allow it to come off. I did not know this and couldn’t get it off, so I cut the 3 wires and then jointed them when putting it all back. I recon if you are pretty handy you could do this in about 60mins. Hope this is helpful...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts