Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my 66 plate Captur only 7 months ago, as i thought it stood out from the crowd. Then i discovered the problems..

Dab signal disappeared on all stations when headlights turned on.
Wind noise coming from window seal on drivers door.
Rusting tailgate around Captur badge.
Rusting on the inside of tailgate where water is supposed to drain out.
Very unresponsive steering when cornering.
Steering lock works when it wants to.
Headlamp beam angle dangerously low, (although this was an easy fix)
Touch screen periodically pops out of it's housing.
Loud clicking noise coming from rear wheel hubs.
Rusting wheel hubs..
I've just sold it on, and wouldn't entertain another Renault.
I suppose it's like anything, you get what you pay for.
The Craptur can't have been as great looking as I first thought, as I've only ever seen middle aged to old people driving them. Nothing wrong with that, but it shows it's not attractive looking to the younger generation.
It will probably cost me an extra 5k to replace this with something of better quality, but having witnessed the build quality, it will definately be money well spent.
Anyone that's considering purchasing one, steer well clear otherwise, your in for a big disappointment!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Can't say I blame you for getting rid,could be worse though. You could have spent massively more money on a high end brand,BMW,Jaguar,Range Rover,Mercedes etc,brands that frequently top the charts for problems and unreliability.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
It's unbelievable how the Captur can be so different in build quality from one car to the next. We had four of them in our family (three now) One needed a clutch and driveshafts at 40k, but the other three have been pretty good. (2 automatics, one manual, all diesel)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Scottydog sadly you seem to have got a duff one, and have quite reasonably lost confidence in it so your decision to change it is the best one. I am not sure that these problems all reflect on Renault however. You brought the car at coming up for four years old and some of the issues you identify may be more about the way the previous owner(s) used and looked after it than basic build quality. The tailgate issues for example could be due to an untreated blocked drain, or indeed the result of an earlier knock. Renault are mid-table in the reliability standings and compare with most mainstream manufacturers. Toyota and Lexus set the benchmark here, while brands including Volvo, Range Rover, Audi, SEAT and Mercedes perform significantly less well despite carrying premium badges (and prices).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts