Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 S Edition TCe 130 EDC. Oyster Grey / Diamond Black Roof
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure that when I picked up my new 2020 S Edition six weeks ago, it had ambient lighting in the rear doors and that I could control the front and rear lighting independently from a menu in the multimedia system.
Now, only the front doors are illuminated and nothing in central display panel allows me to configure nothing apart from colour and intensity.
Any thoughts / ideas and help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A supplementary question - can any S Edition owners confirm that they have ambient lighting in rear doors ?
Not a big problem of course but it does appear on examination with my vehicle that they are physically fitted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A software update that removed some options?
The latest software update for me removed the different warning sounds for front and rear parking sensors for me. Previously I could give them different sounds and volume, now I can't do that anymore.There's no option to change the sound just for the front or the rear.

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
227 Posts
The latest software update for me removed the different warning sounds for front and rear parking sensors for me. Previously I could give them different sounds and volume, now I can't do that anymore.There's no option to change the sound just for the front or the rear.
I am able to select the different sounds for the parking sensors(new car).

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
227 Posts
The latest software update for me removed the different warning sounds for front and rear parking sensors for me. Previously I could give them different sounds and volume, now I can't do that anymore.There'soptionchangend just for the front or the rear.
I am able to select the different
I’m sure that when I picked up my new 2020 S Edition six weeks ago, it had ambient lighting in the rear doors and that I could control the front and rear lighting independently from a menu in the multimedia system.
Now, only the front doors are illuminated and nothing in central display panel allows me to configure nothing apart from colour and intensity.
A supplementary question - can any S Edition owners confirm that they have ambient lighting in rear doors ?
Not a big problem of course but it does appear on examination with my vehicle that they are physically fitted.
I've just checked my S Edition Hybrid and there is no ambient lighting in the rear door and no option to select them either although the handbook suggests that there is/was an option for the rear door. I just have the front doors and centre console lights.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Switchback. Its interesting that the image you posted is completely different to the display in my car, in fact I have no “picture” of the interior in mine.
Also you don’t appear to have the option of a bright red ambient. Must check my other available colours tomorrow.
The mind boggles with different features in cars with the same spec.
Strange.

·
Registered
2020 S Edition 130 TCe AU EDC in Desert Orange and Black
117 Posts
Switchback has an E-Tech hybrid so may have some different screens to the more conventional petrol/diesel models? My petrol S edition only has ambient lighting on the front doors and console.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks for all your informative responses.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Many thanks for all your informative responses.
I am sure when I first collected my car, 1.3s, the rear doors were lit when i set them. Next time I looked they weren't. There is no option to light the rear doors in the menu.
The salesman said they weren't supposed to light up.
There are so many options that are only available to future models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, im about to buy a Captur 1.0 TCE Intense and in fact i dont know it the car have lights in the rear doors panel ? Can anyone confirm that ? In the test drive only the 2 front doors have light, the rear are with no light.
Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello, im about to buy a Captur 1.0 TCE Intense and in fact i dont know it the car have lights in the rear doors panel ? Can anyone confirm that ? In the test drive only the 2 front doors have light, the rear are with no light.
Thanks!
Yes, although the rear doors do physically have led strips fitted, they are not lit.
My car is an 2020 S Edition

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, although the rear doors do physically have led strips fitted, they are not lit.
My car is an 2020 S Edition
There's no mod to solve that already?
I'm coming from a Megane Sports Tourer that have the lights in all 4 doors, and in Captur feels strange to only have on the front ones in a new car (my megane is from 2017 already)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also had a 2017 Megane Sports Tourer with all doors lit, so fully understand your issue with the Captur. In fact I chatted to Renault HQ about the perceived problem but was advised that this was the “spec”.
Disappointing, like no grab handles on front passenger side or fog lights. A cost cutting exercise I feel.
However, I am enjoying the Captur

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ve played with my country renault website configurator and if i choose the Initiale Paris version in the interior 360 pictures they have the rear doors with light, so maybe in ours we have the hardware but its not activated by software, as some mate have said that inspecting the rear doors panel he can see the led stripe over there but shutdown.
Maybe someone from electronics can achieve to turn that on from the obd options.

UPDATE : Even on the RS Line version that is lower than Initiale Paris it comes with rear doors light, so i think that is just a matter of software that i hope someone could solve even outside renault.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this too. When i got the car i spent time in the menus. The rear doors were able to light up. Next time i looked there was no light or option in the menu.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When my car went in for service last month, it was my intention to mention it to the Service Manager but forgot all about, unfortunately.
Next time I'm passing I might pop in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When my car went in for service last month, it was my intention to mention it to the Service Manager but forgot all about, unfortunately.
Next time I'm passing I might pop in.
I asked the salesman, he said he checked and the s edition doesnt light up. I saw that it did work once myself but have given up now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts