Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously thinking about cancelling my Captur order.

Ordered 19/04/2014. Compromised on some bits because dealer said if I did so, I could get one already in build.

Salesman showed me, on his computer, what he said was a shipping list of unallocated cars being delivered to Southampton on 28/05/2014. He clicked a couple of things on the computer and said that the Oyster Grey one was allocated to me.

Go to see the dealer during the first week of June, my 'delivery week'. There is no car, and will not be a car until September!

Folk on the forum are now saying that all the UK delivery slots are taken and won't be anymore until October.

So the car that was 'allocated to me' either went to someone else, was stolen by them there aliens, or was vapourware in the first place.

My first dealing with Renault - not impressed in the least. I've fired off an email to the dealer to clarify a couple of points - mainly to do with price because the budget is tight. Nothing back yet.

There appear to be a number of demostrators/pre registered delivery mileage Capturs about.

Don't know whether to try for one of those and cancel my order or just wait until Suzuki launch their Juke rival in early 2015.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
What was written on your order form? There is probably some small print that lets the dealer off the hook, but if you were told that you were being sold an unallocated car, you should definitely ask for an explanation and politely request that they loan you a car between your original dleivery date and the new delivery date. When my Scenic was delayed in 1998, the dealer hired a Ford Modeo for me as my trade-in was feeling past its best.

And just to update on deliveries, I had a call from Renault UK yesterday to inform me that my car was made last week, left the factory on Thursday and is due at the Import Centre in Southampton next week (w/c 16 June).

·
Registered
180 Posts
September is so far away!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't be afraid of going for a pre-reg, we went in on 25th April to order a new Captur and was told September delivery which we couldn't wait that long for so picked one off the forecourt that had only done 38 miles and collected the following Friday :)

Very pleased with it too!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I also went for a pre reg and it had 95 miles on the clock
It is a dream to drive

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sounds to me like a **** up on the dealers side as an April order should have seen the car in June/July.

If they "forgot" to order it and have only done so now then you wont see the car until late September/early October as there are no build slots now for the UK until August.

If you decide to go for a pre reg do so now as they will be snapped up quickly due to the long lead times, you may also see the prices rise, they wont be replaced any time soon either as there are no Captur's out there nowto pre register.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now I will be probably lynched for saying this but if I was you I would cancel. Not because of the waiting time but because of the bad quality of the actual car. In my case I have a brand new car sitting outside ( jan 2014 4000km) which I do not use because I cannot cope withe stress and disappointment of discovering new faults. The actual build of the car is to say the least shoddy. Strange noises from the brake pedal, water pump, transmission noise and general cheap interior.Ok the car looks good the ride is ok. Petrol consumption ok and it is fun to drive. But that is it. I do not believe that it is ever going to be a reliable car.
I wish I had bought an Opel or Ford focus.
I'll give you an example: The break pedal makes a cheap " clanging" noise..metal against metal when you let it up very quickly. What I mean is when you slow down at a crossroad but do not have to stop and you let the pedal go to quickly accelerate. Took it to the dealer who " discovered " a major fault in the brake system. The fault was so major that I could still drive the car for 3 weeks until the parts came!!!
While the car was being repaired I was given a Clio. Exactly same noise from the break pedal. Shame that the rear via mirror fell into my lap while driving along. Got my car back..same noise.
So my advice to you for what it is worth is: seize the chance to cancel and buy something else.

Captur 90 tCE without R Link. was advised by the dealer not to have that as it " probably is never going to work properly"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Folks

I have cancelled my Captur order - the salesman I was dealing with said I was the third in a week to do so.

However, I have a Cunning Plan, bought cheaply of a guy called Baldrick........

·
Registered
921 Posts
Capturman_Peter said:
OK Folks

I have cancelled my Captur order - the salesman I was dealing with said I was the third in a week to do so.

However, I have a Cunning Plan, bought cheaply of a guy called Baldrick........

Really ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
bloopb120 said:
Now I will be probably lynched for saying this but if I was you I would cancel. Not because of the waiting time but because of the bad quality of the actual car. In my case I have a brand new car sitting outside ( jan 2014 4000km) which I do not use because I cannot cope withe stress and disappointment of discovering new faults. The actual build of the car is to say the least shoddy. Strange noises from the brake pedal, water pump, transmission noise and general cheap interior.Ok the car looks good the ride is ok. Petrol consumption ok and it is fun to drive. But that is it. I do not believe that it is ever going to be a reliable car.
I wish I had bought an Opel or Ford focus.
I'll give you an example: The break pedal makes a cheap " clanging" noise..metal against metal when you let it up very quickly. What I mean is when you slow down at a crossroad but do not have to stop and you let the pedal go to quickly accelerate. Took it to the dealer who " discovered " a major fault in the brake system. The fault was so major that I could still drive the car for 3 weeks until the parts came!!!
While the car was being repaired I was given a Clio. Exactly same noise from the break pedal. Shame that the rear via mirror fell into my lap while driving along. Got my car back..same noise.
So my advice to you for what it is worth is: seize the chance to cancel and buy something else.

Captur 90 tCE without R Link. was advised by the dealer not to have that as it " probably is never going to work properly"

Sorry your experience with the Captur hasn't been good
I am a female 2nd I am not a Moorhead
Every car ever built by manufacturers have some cars that are faulty be it Jaguar... Ford........ Renault......

It is unfortunate for the person that has the faulty product and frustrating
I read yesterday there was a recall on a car
My son had a letter last week for a recall on a car he has had for three years Peugout

Every part of a car is made by machinery the fabric co Yuri leave be faulty the machine could be faulty

It is sad when things go wrong
Perfection would be wonderful
And satisfying

Faulty goods are not acceptable
We work hard to pay for our things and we expect quality
My Captur hasn't given me any issues and is a real joy to drive

·
Registered
741 Posts
You get good and bad with every manufacturer, even the so called premium brands have their fair share of issues.

I have been selling Renault for many years and hand on heart apart from the small niggly issues such as the rattling rear seatbelt and a couple of other minor things that escape me at the moment, probably due to the issues being minor, I have never heard of the 29.9mpg issue, cracked windscreens, falling rear view mirrors, brake faults and all of the other big things that some on here have experienced and like to think are common faults.

We have sold from here many Captur's and many Clio IV's and we don't have one unhappy customer.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
HTP99 said:
We have sold from here many Captur's and many Clio IV's and we don't have one unhappy customer.
I hope all your customers are always happy as my Captur will almost certainly be entrusted to you for servicing.

BTW when I think about it, my Scenic was the subject of several recalls in its early life. Although annoying (especially the one that prevented me from taking delivery the first time round), it's good to know that Renault does care about significant supplier failings and gets things put right rather than just making the customer pay and putting it down to "an unexpected early life failure".

·
Registered
741 Posts
IvorETower said:
HTP99 said:

I hope all your customers are always happy as my Captur will almost certainly be entrusted to you for servicing.

BTW when I think about it, my Scenic was the subject of several recalls in its early life. Although annoying (especially the one that prevented me from taking delivery the first time round), it's good to know that Renault does care about significant supplier failings and gets things put right rather than just making the customer pay and putting it down to "an unexpected early life failure".
I will clarify that quote of mine; my branch, I'm not sure of the other branches.

Regarding re-calls, Renault have very few, I took in a Yaris part exchange at the weekend, it was a 2006 and all of the re-call notices were in the book pack, there were 6; a supposedly top quality Japanese car!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want a Captur, it's just what I want - I'm just not prepared to wait for a new one.....

·
Registered
921 Posts
HTP99 said:
You get good and bad with every manufacturer, even the so called premium brands have their fair share of issues.

I have been selling Renault for many years and hand on heart apart from the small niggly issues such as the rattling rear seatbelt and a couple of other minor things that escape me at the moment, probably due to the issues being minor, I have never heard of the 29.9mpg issue, cracked windscreens, falling rear view mirrors, brake faults and all of the other big things that some on here have experienced and like to think are common faults.

Can you not get any of these guys a Captur ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Capturman.I can tell you that a load are coming over back end of July for dealer stock. Tell your dealer you want one of those. Not sure of colours or spec but you could find out I'm sure.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Goldy said:
Capturman.I can tell you that a load are coming over back end of July for dealer stock. Tell your dealer you want one of those. Not sure of colours or spec but you could find out I'm sure.
Where are you getting that info from as I can assure you; unless Renault are hiding them, there aren't.

LynG, we haven't got any and there are no more until September, unless of course Goldy knows something!!Edited by: HTP99

·
Registered
405 Posts
If I told you I'd have to kill you

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi i just looked @ Renault Manchester Group covers Liverpool and Birkenhead and they have 235 captures some used and lots of 10 mile pre reg? I got mine from there two weeks ago and very happy.

A mix of pet or diesel and colours and specs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts