Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Like many others I've seen posting here, I've joined and am posting now I have an issue!

Bought a 2018 Renault Captur 0.9L Iconic TCe from Cazoo just this January gone (their warranty ended 2 weeks ago today!) No issues at all until this morning, head on out to the car and all buttons on key card and the buttons on the door unresponsive. Headed back to the house to get the spare keycard in case it was just the batteries in my usual keycard, still no joy. I can see a slot for a physical key, but I don't have that key, just the 2 key cards.

So basically, I can't get into the car and have no idea what's going on.

Any ideas? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

Like many others I've seen posting here, I've joined and am posting now I have an issue!

Bought a 2018 Renault Captur 0.9L Iconic TCe from Cazoo just this January gone (their warranty ended 2 weeks ago today!) No issues at all until this morning, head on out to the car and all buttons on key card and the buttons on the door unresponsive. Headed back to the house to get the spare keycard in case it was just the batteries in my usual keycard, still no joy. I can see a slot for a physical key, but I don't have that key, just the 2 key cards.

So basically, I can't get into the car and have no idea what's going on.

Any ideas? Much appreciated!
The keys should be in the card,they slide in & out of card if not there ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The keys should be in the card,they slide in & out of card if not there ???
Well wow, now I feel stupid!

So I got into the car but it's completely unresponsive, presumably battery dead, but what could have caused that?? No sings of any gremlins since I've had it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well wow, now I feel stupid!

So I got into the car but it's completely unresponsive, presumably battery dead, but what could have caused that?? No sings of any gremlins since I've had it.
Get on to CAZOO to sort it out if they don`t BAD advert for them.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would start by replacing the keycard batteries to eliminate that as the problem. Both going dead at the same time,not very likely and you should have had a warning come up in the car. But worth changing to rule it out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi it could be you accidently drained the car battery by activating headlight switch. I say this because my wife did that several months ago there is an alarm for this but its not very audible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Got my brother over and we jump started it. Hazards were on so must have knocked the button last time we got out of the car and didn't notice. Argument on who done it likely never to be settled!

All in all, stupidity won the day. Lesson learned.

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Good that you have resolved it - now make sure that you get the battery fully charged ASAP to prevent any other unintended electrical/electronic issues !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts