Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, only had my first captur 2020 about 4 weeks,and so far all good except one minor detail.
when I set the clock to correct time it'll stay there for that journey, but after cars switched off for any length of time it changes to a completely random time. All the book says is to recommend keeping it on automatic, but you can't change time on that. Anyone any info?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sorry my model is too old to help other than to say it shouldn't do that. Give your dealer a call. Not sure what automatic means - maybe a signal from your local radio station.... but it should still be correct when you first turn on.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, only had my first captur 2020 about 4 weeks,and so far all good except one minor detail.
when I set the clock to correct time it'll stay there for that journey, but after cars switched off for any length of time it changes to a completely random time. All the book says is to recommend keeping it on automatic, but you can't change time on that. Anyone any info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i have just purchased my first Captur 2020 2weeks ago and i have the same problem tried going to settings and still wont stay at the correct time also the same as yourself try the automatic setting and it wont let me change the time it jumps to some random time. hope you get yours sorted as i have run out of ideas any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry mate, still can't help. The only thing I can tell you is what im doing. Phone's connected to car, so when I connect charger cable, it basically brings up the map from your phone. And with that comes........ You guessed it the phone's clock. It's not really a solution to the problem but it'll do for time being

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry mate, still can't help. The only thing I can tell you is what im doing. Phone's connected to car, so when I connect charger cable, it basically brings up the map from your phone. And with that comes........ You guessed it the phone's clock. It's not really a solution to the problem but it'll do for time being
Hi Thank you for your reply. good idea about the phone. regards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, if any of you are experiencing this problem I think it’s because you will need to create a user profile. it will then store all manner of bits and pieces for the user that is logged in, including date and time and radio stations etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In automatic mode, the time is taken from the time signal broadcast from some FM and DAB radio stations. I've not experienced a problem with my Captur, but in a previous car I discovered that one particular FM transmitter for one particular station was transmitting the wrong time, but when I drove such that it picked up the same station from another transmitter the clock corrected itself. As I knew someone who worked on a transmitter site, I told them about it and they confirmed that it was indeed the problem. Connecting the phone is a good suggestion - it takes its time from the mobile network.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts