Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.
If someone is able to help me.
How to know is front lights for fog or are these cornering lights?
On stalk, there is no icon for front fog lights, only reverse fog lights, and when I am turning a wheel, lights don't lights up.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Light

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
Hard to tell as it depends on the country the car is sold in, and the trim level. My 2014 MediaNav has front fog lights that are also cornering lights.

Best way to check? Probably at night, with headlights on, select reverse gear and if the front fog lights come on, they are almost certainly cornering lights. Otherwise, at night with the headlights on, turn the steering wheel full-lock in one direction and have an observer outside the car check if the relevant fog light comes on

Reactions: luc989plus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard to tell as it depends on the country the car is sold in, and the trim level. My 2014 MediaNav has front fog lights that are also cornering lights.

Best way to check? Probably at night, with headlights on, select reverse gear and if the front fog lights come on, they are almost certainly cornering lights. Otherwise, at night with the headlights on, turn the steering wheel full-lock in one direction and have an observer outside the car check if the relevant fog light comes on
Thanks.
I have tried to put in reverse gear, and this (front fog or cornering lights) don't lights up and on stalk, there is no icon for front fog lights. It's so confusing.
This is screenshoot from myrenault app if this can help?
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What can I check next?
When I put in reverse, lights don't lights up, when I turn the steering wheel, lights dont't lights up. And there is no icon for front fog lights, on a stalk.

If someone can help, will be nice.

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
It would appear that your car does not have front fog lights fitted; can you actually see a bulb in either of the fog lamp units?

Reactions: luc989plus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts