Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thought I would come here and introduce myself first (and have a little rant in the process!)

Ordered my first new car, a Renault Captur 1.5 dCI MediaNav in Arizona with Diamond Black roof. Didnt have any of the other extras, have stuck with the standard wheels (although worried they wont look right with colour combo). Can't wait for it to arrive,and the adverts just keep teasing me more!!!!!

Disappointedthat despite ordering this car nearly3 weeks ago, I have been 'tentatively' been given a date of mid January 2014. I have been told the uptake for the car has been through the roof, and that Renault are not currently indicating any build dates for this and the Megane at present. They haven't even confirmed a production date or slot for my car yet- so it could be put back much further than this.

What confuses me is that reading through the forum the main delay seems to be with the R-Link models, and those with large option combinations. I haven't had either of these :( I just want to get my hands on the car, but it feels like this is not going to happen for some time :(

Has anyone else ordered recently and been given a date?

It's good at least to read through here and see all the lovely pictures :) just makes me want it more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Ant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered Dynamique MediaNav in Boston Blue, petrol engine and no extras, other than a spare wheel.

Order date 15 August, delivery date week beginning 14 October, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that JohnChambers. Did you keep the one tone?8 weeks is a good time scale. I was toying with that colour too- only thing that swayed me ismy other half has aHonda in the same colour so opted for something different- butstill bright!!

Wondering if the two tone I ordered has caused the delay.

Should have got the sapre wheel too, I suspect I'll be ordering that at some point in the future.

·
Registered
260 Posts
From what I can gather the orders that have been delivered the quickest are the single colour models and the expression + ones, oh and the ones that are already in stock obviously. I think the two tone paint may be the delay based on what you've said. I think its hit and miss as some people are having their delivery dates moved forward and others (eg - me
) are having the dates pushed back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks CJ. I thought I would be ina better position if I chose less options, but obviously wrong :( When did you order yours- what date were you given?

Just out of interest does anyone know where the Captur is being manufactured?

·
Registered
260 Posts
They're being made in Spain I believe mate. I ordered mid august, a black dynamique tce with Arizona roof and wheels and a bunch of extras. Was originally scheduled for early November but now its been pushed right to the end of November.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think you find that the uk rate as export to France. Therefore the proportion of rhd cars compared to lhd is smaller, and if the UK take up is greater than expected Renault's stock of rhd cars is diminishing rapidly. Maybe, that accounts for Megane too. Perhaps there is a production emphasis shift. Impacting further of rhd cars.

Just my thoughts.
Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a nice combination too (although think most are!). One of the demo's at the dealership was in this colour, and looks really smart. I got swayed by the colour combo in the WhatCar write up. Didn't know they had production in Spain to be honest! Have they given you an actual delivery date, or is that still tentative?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nope nothing written in stone, hasn't started production or anything yet. Was told it could still arrive early though so could still be the case with your order. Might even be able to creep in before Xmas!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gone for oyster grey with black roof, silver black alloys, r link, reverse sensors, armrest. Ordered about the 20th August was told delivery about the 1st of October.
Now been told the 15th all going well.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am not sure what the delays are some say its the two tone colour and some say the R Link. I have both! I ordered my Captur on 1 July and was given 4 October as a delivery date, I was surprised therefore to receive a call from thr dealership to let me know my car was early. I took delivey on 14 September. I love the car so it is well worth waiting for

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered about 4 weeks ago. Tahoe blue with black roof. Black wheels and r-link. Was told at the dealer that it would be 14 October, but was horriified to receive a call a week later saying it would be December.

·
Registered
260 Posts
@ Dr65 you got your dates much closer together you lucky bugga!! Wonder why my dates so much further back when my order went in earlier. Ive chosen pretty much the same extras as you too, just a different colour scheme. Unless its the steering wheel decal taking a time intensive month to apply!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I chose mine from dealer stock 15 days from order to my collection,they just happened to have what I wanted in storage at another depot I just had to wait for transport to bring it 200 miles ish to my local dealer! Maybe at the moment if people are in a rush to ask "What have you got in stock" if not suited then go down the production order route.......
I am done dusted and delighted........its a great car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hope that mine does get pushed forward, although I won't expect it. Keep trying to forget about it for the time being- then I see the advert again and get inpatient! Haven't seen the grey in the flesh, but I'm sure it looks good.

Would have gone with the stock option, but this is through a lease car scheme atwork (NHS Fleet Solutions) so I don't have those kind of options :( They have a fancy online tracker, but it's fairly useless and takes about 2 weeks to update- then send you an automated email with out of date info. They don't source the car locally, it's sourced somewhere in Cumbria and then delivered to my address here.

Did manage to see my first Captur on the road on Saturday- All black Dynamique- very nice although only caught it in the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All,
I was told Spain by my dealer. When is a French car French? When built in Spain of course. Hopefully, joking apart, it is helping with the Spanish economy.
I think I must be one of the lucky ones. I went to my dealer said I wanted the Capture in a hurry as I had to get a refund on my previous car. Hey presto, the dealer look up the availability and exactly what I would have ordered was due into Southampton docks within a few days and now I hope to get it on Thursday, under two weeks and what I wanted. Arizona body Ivory top, wing mirrors and alloys. Dynamique S MediaNav .9 petrol. Grey interior.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts