Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as Ythsie suggested i start a topic for the owner of diesel car owners.please share your experience and problems.my car is an auto 1.5 diesel and i love it
.i dont know if it is a new thing Ythsie and maybe this was the reason my car took 5 months to be delivered
but back in October i decide that i want a diesel auto not listening to ev1 who was saying that diesel in town is not economic i have to say that it is very economic compared to 1.6 petrol same distance i spend less than half money to fill the tank.the funny part was when i collect my car having driven other diesel cars i knew that i have to press the diesel petal hard at the stop or round about to have a good kick which i did and i found myself on the other side of the road
lesson learned this car DOESN'T NEED to press hard you have to go gentle like when you drive a petrol car.overall i love this car!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi taken delivery (after 5 months) of a diesel Captur Media-nav does any one know why no cut off switch on front parking sensorsas per hand book driving me up the wall in car parks!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Button located on the underside of panel that has your ac and r link....I found it after someone else pounted it out less than a week ago....and I've owned mine for six months!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello!I've ordered my Captur with the 1.5dCi Diesel engine mainly because this engine is on the market for a very long time and it is almost at the end of its life. Because of that, 99% of the possible problems were fixed. Also, being on the market for so long, the spare parts are not an issue, can be found real easy and if you want to save some money, you can buy them made by other producers with no loss of quality. Other reason is the service. This engine is present in other Renault cars too. So, there are more mechanics that know how to deal with it and if you are far from any place you know (inholiday, business or pleasure trip etc) you willdefinitely find someone that knows how to fix it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Howdy michaella, i have a diesel 1.5 manual and all seems to be fine so far.. although i'm only on my 3rd day of ownership and haven't taken it out onto the motorway yet, just country lanes to and from work.

There seems to be power if dropped down into third to overtake and the drive is smooth in fifth.

I am taking it easy for the first 1,000 miles or so

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine is giving great fuel economy. Presently getting 65 MPG and most of that is around town, non motorway driving. Feel like its running on fresh air at times. Only topping up once a fortnight - fantastic.
I feel that you do have to be aware of driving at the correct revs when in the lower gears, otherwise the engine does not respond. Once you have mastered the revs and the correct gears / speed, then the engine will excelerate without any problem. Also, once the turbo kicks in, your well away. It's not a boy racer engine but those days are gone for me. I'm after a smooth drive with plenty of MPG, so the dci does it for me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I agree my dci has settled out at around 65/66 mpg per tank. (warning light to warning light) I have touched 67mpg briefly, this is all with pretty mixed town and country driving. I have only done one long run and hav'nt really noticed much benefit from the eco button. I do use the stop start option but have found it intermitent (probably down to my light right foot). The Captur is saving me about £30 a month on juice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
After 800 miles of driving I'm up to 58.5
Mpg on my Dci auto. Got to say it's the best drive I've ever had and I don't notice any performance issues.
I'm not interested in a boy racer car either and just want to be comfortable and this ticks all the boxes for me

·
Registered
428 Posts
Apart from one previous car, this is one of the most comfortable and enjoyable motors I have owned. Keep watching the MPG going up slowly but surely. Wonder at witch point it will stop eventually.

·
Registered
308 Posts
No air con or eco,no need to use the stop start..but we have a space saver wheel...
Must admit we had a Megane 1.5dci that actually got to 80 mpg on 110 mile journey on motorway,but was dying to go over 2000 revs...

This morning was a challenge to see what the mpg was like on a really smooth run...coming home with aircon on and higher speeds was more like late 60s mpg...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts