Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Captur 2018 and the passenger side daytime running light and the fog light on the same side are not working. Is it just a simple bulb replacement or could it be something else ? I will probably have to get it into a garage because the bulbs don't appear to be accessable.

·
Super Moderator
2,553 Posts
First, check the fuses. Likely to be that or a wiring issue if both sets of lights have failed on one side of the car simultaneously. The DRL's are LEDS and while one may fail, for all of them in one unit to fail together is highly unlikely

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help. Wouldn't both sides not work if it was a fuse instead of just the passenger side? Looks like I will have to get the garage to look at the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,553 Posts
No, no, no. Lights on each side of the car should be run through different fuses so that if one blows, you still have some light left to be seen at night

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no, no. Lights on each side of the car should be run through different fuses so that if one blows, you still have some light left to be seen at night
Thank you so much for your help. I will mention the fuses to the garage when I take it in this week .

·
Super Moderator
2,553 Posts
Have you also checked the wiring loom and connector to that front corner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you also checked the wiring loom and connector to that front corner?
I wouldn't know how to to be honest. My son in law tried to look at the connector but you need to get the car on a ramp to gain access to it. Looks like I with have to get the local garage to look at it Ivor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts