Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all of you.

I went to the Renault dealership today for a regular car check. I have noticed lately that the fuel economy of my 2020 captur seems to be outrageously poor and off from the specs charts. I am trying almost 100% urban - however, not much start/stop traffic. Mostly smooth, but short rides.

The display is showing 9.9L / 100km which translates into roughly 10km/l. That can't be right for a brand new car right?

My driving style is smooth I would say, not harsh stopping or aggressive acceleration.

The engine is a 1.3 turbo.

The renault center said it was normal for the range to vary greatly depending on driving style. I did, however, change all the settings in My Sense to eco. (Not to get confused with eco mode - I don't use that because I can't be asked to toggle it on for every drive).

Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards

Kasper

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
If the converter I sued is correct, that's about 23mpg. It does seem a biot thirsty for urban driving if you are not stuck in slow traffic all the time. Has a diagnostic check been run to check that all sensors are functioning normally? Are you measuring "true" consumption by noting how much fuel you actually refuel with, and the distance covered, the doing the sums? Car fuel computers can be very inaccurate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts