Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've just became owner of brand new Captur 2021 140 EDC. I have couple of questions and wonder if my problems are common or maybe I'm a "victim" of current situation on car market:

1. I have BOSE speakers and noticed the loud hissing/buzzing noise, especially loud on the rear door "tweeter" speakers. It gets quieter after enabling surround sound yet is still noticeable when music is playing quietly, also there when car engine is switched off.
2. My car is an Intense version yet came from factory without side mirror automatic folding switch (dealer claims the mechanism is there yet just the button is missing) and availability of the part is Q1 2022, anyone else facing that part shortage?
3. I wanted to put some splash guards on front, I went with "fitted" guards from some 3rd party (since Renault is not selling the fitted guards rather just pieces of flat rubber...) and when I unscrewed the screw at bottom of front fender a lot of water came out (and screw was already coroded) - looks like water is collecting right behind front fender (o both sides). Any ideas?
4. Also annoyign thing with EasyLink - is it normal that after getting into the car, the system displays EVERY time question about which profile you want to choose and has this 10 to 0 counter next to OK button to progress to main screen (also asking if you are okay with sharing data)?

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
2. My car is an Intense version yet came from factory without side mirror automatic folding switch (dealer claims the mechanism is there yet just the button is missing) and availability of the part is Q1 2022, anyone else facing that part shortage?
4. Also annoyign thing with EasyLink - is it normal that after getting into the car, the system displays EVERY time question about which profile you want to choose and has this 10 to 0 counter next to OK button to progress to main screen (also asking if you are okay with sharing data)?
2: I did hear that the dealers were fitting these when they became available.
4: That's just part of the start-up sequence, it goes away on its own. The idea being that a another driver can have the option to select their own profile before driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer, regarding starting up I just wish they did it in more user friendly way (setting to enable/disable profiles), but oh well...

·
Registered
700 Posts
3. I wanted to put some splash guards on front, I went with "fitted" guards from some 3rd party (since Renault is not selling the fitted guards rather just pieces of flat rubber...) and when I unscrewed the screw at bottom of front fender a lot of water came out (and screw was already coroded) - looks like water is collecting right behind front fender (o both sides). Any ideas?
Not exactly sure where you mean but if water is collecting inside the body panels I would take it back to the dealer. This will be a problem in a few years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not exactly sure where you mean but if water is collecting inside the body panels I would take it back to the dealer. This will be a problem in a few years.

So this is the spot, the screw is on the bottom of the front fender right behind the wheel, this is happening on both sides:

Luggage and bags Product Bag Hood Automotive lighting

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts