Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, newbie here who ordered 1.5dci medianav dymanique two weeks ago in Tahoe blue with ivory roof and delivery driver just phoned to say he's an hour away, delivering from Leicester to Glasgow. Was meant to be delivered on Monday but delayed at dealers. Exciting times!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Alan's220, car now here and looking fantastic! Been for a wee run to get the seat, mirrors positioned correctly and surprised at how light the steering is!! Delivery driver said it averaged 52.8mpg over 338 miles mainly motorway driving, was hoping for closer to 60. I know the engine is new and not run it yet so it should improve.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome. I've been reading through some threads and getting a bit confused with regards the medianav, have I got to do something to update it now I've received the car and something about 4digit postcode s? Any advice warmly welcomed! Also is the stop/start not automatic? Ie if I've stopped it will automatically turn off and when I touch the clutch it kicks in again? This is the most spec I've ever had in a car so will take a bit to get used to. Don't even start me on climate and cruise control....lol

Will try and upload a picture.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is the most advanced car I've ever had too. The auto start stop is a bit unnerving at first. Once you get to trust it then it is fine. Just stop at traffic lights and put into neutral. when amber shows go to 1st and away you go. In queues just watch the car in front. when they are ready to start then you go to 1st. speed limiter - on motorway just wait til traffic is steady then flick on. It starts at your current speed. I usually just add 1mph then leave it. Cruise control seems little use, never get clear roads. auto lights is just a matter of set and forget. auto wipers needs to let it work and accept a few drops now and again. can turn sensitivity up / down too. sat nav same as any other, but also new to me. set the sounds on about level 20, but that is just personal choice. but bear in mind a brain is better than a chip.

good luck with the new "toy"

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
I have the same engine and colour scheme as you on order. Had a call today to update me on delivery; still scheduled to arrive at the dealer on 15 July with no current possibility of shortening the 20 week wait (at least we are 5 weeks into that, now)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
auto lights? Auto wipers? Have I got that, I haven't got the 's' version.Driving from Glasgow-Cumbria on Monday so will get a good opportunity then to play with all the 'toys'.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi Ivor, why 20 week wait? I placed order two weeks ago, told 6 in stock that colour and trim, placed order and was given delivery date of 31/03. I was annoyed to be delayed until today!!!I got mine from Renault Leicester and delivered to Glasgow free via affinity leasing. Who is yours ordered with?

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
20 week delay has been attributed to the auto transmission (EDC).

As none of the local dealers were prepared to talk discounts, I called the CSMA new car scheme (as I am a member) and got a fantastic price. I don't know from where they are sourcing it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ok, that is some wait for the auto. Yes same with me local dealers weren't interested in talking deals so went via affinity and the partnership they have with my workplace and to be honest I don't think I'll buy in a showroom again, saved over £3000 on dealership prices and it was really straightforward.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Prof Pat Pending said:
Did you ask the dealer to beat it?
You might have been surprised what they can do when they know you have an alternative

[/QUOTE

Dealer couldn't touch it, told me if it was a genuine quote to grab it. For my own piece of mind I got a best quote of another lease company and again although a lot cheaper than the dealer they couldn't beat the deal either. Think the dealer thought I was gonna return in a couple of days, when he phoned me up think he was surprised the quote held up!

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Same here - dealer said they could run to maybe £1000 off and that they would be very interested to know how I could get a discount of over £2500

1 - 20 of 24 Posts